49. "I don't need the tea."

Chapter 49

Adonis' POV

"Where's Elena?" I asked my father, Kristov Stavrakos, who was sitting near to where I was standing, beside the red and gold floral wedding arch.

He lifted his eyebrows, then checked the time on his wristwatch.

"Probably on her way here. It's still ten minutes early, son. Don't worry, she'll come," he said, then gave me an okay sign.

"Yeah, she will," I murmured to myself. My hands were trembling. I could not keep them still. I loosened my bowtie a little. It was constricting my breathing.

I got so nervous, thrilled and overwhelmed with happiness. Marrying Elena was all I ever wanted at the moment. She is the love of my life, my everything, my entire world.

We held our wedding ceremony in the church, in the center of New York. It had been our wish to be married in the church this time, to celebrate a solemn sacrament. They filled the church with decorations, mostly red roses, tiny white flowers, lace trimmings, and gold ribbons.

My eyes focused at the entrance of the church where the bride would come in. I kept on glancing at it, waiting for Elena to appear.

I remembered our first wedding. She looked so beautiful as she walked down the aisle, despite her cold behavior and deadpan expression. I was so mesmerized by her beauty that I could not take my eyes off her. At that moment, I knew I was in deep trouble.

I smiled, remembering that day, and what happened after the wedding.

I wondered. Would she wear black today?

Whatever she'll wear, it doesn't matter. She looks great in any color. What's important is, she loves me, and I love her. Our love for each other is getting stronger every day. Nothing can break us anymore.

"Congratulations, man," my best man, Eros Petrakis, tapped my back, "I'm happy for you. I was wrong to say that an arranged marriage is full of bullshit. It worked on you."

"Yeah. After many hurdles that Elena and I went through, we finally made it this far."

"I'm glad you did not listen to me."

"Me too," we laughed together, "thanks for being my best man, my friend."

"It sucks, man. I'm everyone's best man," he threw his hand in the air.

"Ah, you'll find the love of your life soon and get married. Or you already found her?" I looked at his personal secretary, Jade, who came into the church with him.

His face turned scarlet red. "Come on. We're going to a project site later."

"On Sunday? That's weird, man," I chuckled, "you're not letting her out of your sight. I won't be surprised if you'll marry her soon."

He left with a smug smile.

Music played, and the wedding ceremony started. The entire entourage walked down the aisle and took their places at the front. 

Camella, Elena's best friend, waved a hand at me. She was her maid of honor. Her personal assistant, Sheila, partnered with my executive secretary, William, to light the candles. It was crazy to know that those two were sleeping together secretly for too long already.

Sebby was the last one in the group, holding a small white pillow. He looked so adorable, wondering what was going on with so many people. When he saw me, he shouted, 'Papa' and ran towards me. Everyone laughed. I carried him, kissed his head, and put him on Mom's lap.

The bridal march song started playing, Here Comes The Bride. All heads turned to the huge twin doors of the church, keen to see the bride.

My heart pounded so hard, anticipating the moment of seeing Elena.