I'll Protect You

Here's the first oneshot, i'll take any criticism you got, enjoy!

TW☢️: Physical and verbal abuse, Lonnie Byers (ew ), mention of blood and cuts and i think that's it, let me know if i missed anything!

🚨MORE TW I FORGOT: homophobic slurs, alcohol , cuts (not sh and not too descriptive)
this takes place before Will rolls a 7/ before s1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will POV:

I just wanted some water. I should've known better than to leave my room when he was awake. I thought i could sneak out to the kitchen quietly, i was wrong.

"He needs to man up Joyce!"

"He is your son Lonnie you should love him regardless!"

"That...that thing is not my son Joyce!"

I was two steps away from the fridge, they were in the living room. There's no door between the kitchen and living room, so i'm honestly surprised they haven't seen me yet. I heavily jinxed myself.

"Oh look there he is now"

Lonnie saw me. Crap.

"Hi...dad" i forced a smile.

"Your no son to me, what? Came to spread your disease fag" my dad spat, if i could even call him that.

"Do not speak to my son like that Lonnie" mom yelled.

"make yourself useful and hand me a beer" Lonnie spoke.

i opened the fridge, the water i was going for completely forgotten.

"there's none left" i mumbled.

"speak up!" Lonnie yelled at me.

"there's no alcohol left" i spoke a little louder.

"I said speak up!-" and before i could turn around an empty bottle made exact contact with my face, the glass falling and shards flying everywhere. i stumbled accidently getting glass stuck in my socks, wincing at the pain in my forehead and the feeling of stepping on glass.

"WILL!" I heard mom yell, she hadn't seen Lonnie hurt me too much. Only a slap or some verbal abuse(which she would always comfort and cradle me after apologizing profusely), she never saw him hurt me like this, he usually didn't hurt me in front of her.

Things got a little blurry after that, Joyce trying to pull Lonnie away from me as he stomped towards me. By the time i got the majority of my vision back my head made contact with the sink and i fell to the floor once again.

All i could make out was Joyce pulling Lonnie away before slapping him in the face and starting to yell at him. I silently walked out the room, my presence being easily forgotten until i made it to Jonathan's room.

I walked in the door to see him about to walk out the door with a med kit in hand. I love my brother.

"Will i'm so sorry, i'm so so sorry" he started mumbling before he sat me on his bed started to clean and bandage my forehead and put a bandage across my nose.

"It's fine, thank you" i responded. I didn't want to burden him any farther so i didn't mention my feet or socks.

"I called Mrs. Wheeler, i'm sending you to Mike's. Lonnie's been more violent lately-"

'obviously' i thought.

"-and i don't want you getting hurt again, ok?" he finished.

"ok." i smile not wanting him to worry.