𝒔𝒊𝒙 , the monster

chapter six , the monster

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Kennedy!"

Jonathan Byers was running through the woods, looking for any sign of Kennedy Theroux and Nancy Wheeler. Anxiety and fear flooded his bones as he realized whatever was in the woods might've found the girls.

"Nancy!" He shouted. He looked around, no sign of them. "Where are you!?"

Kennedy had realized what just happened.

Mike was right. There was an alternate dimension. A Vale of Shadows of sorts.

And Kennedy had just walked right into it.

"Jonathan!" Nancy screamed, running. "Jonathan!"

"Jonathan!" Kennedy yelled as she looked around. They could hear him, but they couldn't see him. "Jonathan, we're right here!"  She screamed as she looked around.

Nancy ran, pulling Kennedy along. "Jonathan, where are you!?" The two girls stopped, out of breath as they looked around.

"Nancy," Kennedy mumbled. "Nancy we need to find another portal."

The brunette frowned. "What!?"

"Another thing like what we just found! If we listen to Jonathan maybe we can find the door!" Kennedy explained as she waved the golf club around. "Jonathan! Where are you!?"

"I'm right here! Nancy! Kennedy!" Jonathan could hear his screams, but he couldn't find them. Where the hell did they go? "Just follow my voice!"

Kennedy wrapped her hand in Nancy's, tugging the girl along. They stumbled through the woods, listening. Jonathan shouted for them both. Nancy gasped as she grabbed onto the Theroux. The creature snarled as it snapped its head in their direction. The two girls yelled as they began to run.

"Nancy, run!" The Wheeler slipped behind a slime filled tree, breathing heavily. The girls had no idea that Jonathan had stumbled onto another entrance into wherever they were, but he had. Nancy tilted her head to see Kennedy standing in the open, golf club in hand.

Kennedy clenched her jaw as she swallowed the lump in her throat. Was this a dumb idea? Yes. But was it the only idea Kennedy had to protect Nancy and Jonathan? Also yes.

"Hey, assface!" The creature growled as it turned in Kennedys direction. "Come and get me!"

Nancy gasped as the creature ran at the auburn-haired girl. Kennedy swung her golf club, causing the creature to fall a few feet back. Kennedy screamed, letting out all of her emotions. The creature jumped at her again, and she slammed the golf club into its head.