𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , madmax

chapter nine , madmax

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Dear Diary,

Grandma says writing about your feelings is a good way to healthily experience said feelings. Grief, love, all that stuff. I haven't been writing much, especially after Eleven died, so here's a rundown.

I have a total of three friends. Carol, Tommy, and Tina. Though Dustin, Mike, Will, and Lucas would like to call themselves my friends, so maybe I have seven. Still significantly less than last year, but honestly, it's probably better that way.

Ever since the Upside Down, everyone's parents were on high alert which meant the boys couldn't hang out unless I was babysitting them. This worked well in my favor, cause I got a lot of money. Ive been doing this for almost a year and though I barely babysit Mike or Lucas anymore, it's still just as enjoyable.

As for the others that were there the night I turned into a literal wolf? Well, let's just say I haven't spoken to them since.

"Mom! She's here!"

Claudia Henderson hummed as she rocked her orange tabby cat, Mews, in her arms. "Okay! Don't be out too late! And, oh!" A boy named Dustin Henderson groaned as his mom looked around the living groom. She picked up an envelope, handing it to the boy with curly hair. "Make sure she gets this, alright?" Dustin nodded as he ran out the door, rushing as fast as he could to the parked car in his driveway.

"Hey, Rusty Dusty."

Kennedy Dawn Theroux leaned against her new Audi 5000. Her long red hair was in the wind as she gave her money-winning smile. She wore a purple long-sleeve turtleneck tucked into black jeans and converse. She patted the hood of her car, laughing as Dustin came running.

"I call shotgun!"

"Tell that to Mike and Lucas!" She gushed as she swung open the driver's side door. Dustin ran to Kennedy's car, clambering inside quickly as she sped down the street.

Dustin sighed as he looked over, "My mom said this is yours," He said as he held up an envelope.

"Open it." Kennedy looked down the street as she drove through the neighborhood. Dustin sent her a confused look. "It's my paycheck; see how many quarters I have."

The Henderson boy tore open the paper, shuffling through, "None, but you have thirty bucks!" He exclaimed as he looked over.

Kennedy nodded, "We'll use the ATM and get ten dollars in quarters, how about that?" She said as she grinned. Dustin gasped, shouting in victory.

Mike Wheeler came running out of his garage as the silver car parked in front of his driveway. His older sister, Nancy, came sprinting out after him. "Mike!"