𝒕𝒆𝒏 , trick or treat, freak

chapter ten , trick or treat, freak

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Thank you so much," Gushed Joyce Byers as she pulled her youngest son into her house, Kennedy stepping in behind the boy. "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't called, and-"

"It's okay, Joyce. He had a great night sleeping on the couch in my room," Kennedy laughed as Will nodded, heading off to his room to get ready. The truth is; Kennedy asked Will if he wanted to stay in the guest bedroom, but Will said he just didn't wanna be alone. So, Kennedy let him sleep on the small pale blue couch in her bedroom, letting him play anything he wants from her cassette player while they slept.

Jonathan Byers stood in his living room, awkwardly looking at Kennedy while they waited for Joyce and Will. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans. Kennedy tried her best not to make it obvious. She brushed her hands on her jeans and played with her hair. She didn't even glance in Jonathan's direction in hopes that would keep him from saying something.

It didn't.

"Are you going to that party tonight?"

Kennedy looked over in surprise. She and Jonathan hadn't spoken in a while. Like, a really long while. They had barely made eye contact since before summer break, let alone had a conversation. Jonathan waited for an answer, and Kennedy couldn't really tell why.

"Yeah, I'm going with that new guy." She informed him, pushing her red hair over her shoulder. Her hair was much longer than it was a year ago; reaching the middle of her back. But with the curls and the teasing of her hair, it looked a bit shorter.

Jonathan nodded his head. "Really? Interesting."

Kennedy watched as Jonathan turned his shoulder towards her slightly. He didn't turn away, it was just his shoulder. "What? Am I not allowed to go out with someone?" She asked as she furrowed her brow. Jonathan scoffed, shaking his head.

"Oh, you are," Jonathan chimed as he looked back at her, "I just wish it wouldn't turn you into a completely different person," Kennedy opened her mouth to argue, but quickly stopped when Will came out of his room in his new costume. "Look at you, Egor Spengler!" Jonathan cheered. Kennedy turned to give Will the biggest smile of her life. Jonathan quickly grabbed his camera, taking multiple photos of Will doing different poses.

This seemed like the first time Will felt happy. He beamed as he did different poses and movements with the little kit he had on his back. Kennedy had never seen Ghostbusters, so she had no idea what it was. But, she laughed when Will did. She really loved seeing him happy.

༺❀༻

Kennedy sat at the library, rolling her eyes at Tommy Hagan. "You're disgusting, Tommy. You and Carol."