𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , the bathtub

chapter seven , the bathtub

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Mike Wheeler and Dustin Henderson walked into the Wheeler's basement with Eleven behind them. They sighed in relief. They had found Eleven, and she had saved Mike from jumping off a cliff after Troy and James jumped them

They stepped inside Mike's house, nearly jumping out of their skin to see Kennedy Dawn Theroux in front of them. She was in a hospital gown, covered in blood and mud. Her hair was damp and she had blood on her face. Eleven froze, looking at the teenage girl with wide eyes. Nobody knew what to do. Kennedy had tears running down her cheeks. She looked like she had walked right out of a horror movie.

"Holy shit." Dustin breathed, "What happened to you?" He wasn't scared of Kennedy, but he was scared about the fact she looked the way she did. She looked horrible, like she had walked through hell. In a way, she had.

"The bad men." Eleven said softly. Dustin and Mike turned to look at the girl, then Kennedy. The Theroux was silent, nodding. Eleven walked in between the boys, approaching the girl. Kennedy didn't flinch as Eleven grabbed her wrist, turning her palm to face the ceiling. Eleven pointed at the 010 newly tattooed into Kennedy's skin, and then pointed at her own wrist. 011. "Like me."

Kennedy felt her heart break. She smiled softly as she nodded. "Yeah. Like you." She hummed. Eleven put Kennedy's arm down, and the teenage girl let her hands land at her sides.

Dustin spoke up, "What powers do you have!?" He exclaimed, clearly excited his babysitter was like Eleven. Was it insensitive? Maybe. But was it a very Dustin thing for him to do? Definitely.

The girl with auburn hair clenched her jaw. "I, uh, grow fangs? And claws? I can hear better, smell better, see better. I, I don't know." She knitted her brows together, looking between Dustin and Mike awkwardly.

"Do you happen to growl? Bark? Anything like that?"

Kennedy frowned at Dustin's question. "Um. yeah, I growled." She confessed, still feeling weird about the entire thing. It was helpful. He wasn't asking about what she physically went through, and how she got covered in blood. No, they just asked her what she was now, no judgement in their voices.

Dustin's eyes light up. "Dude! You're a werewolf!" Kennedy shook her head, opening her mouth to disagree. "The only thing you haven't done is turn into a wolf!" Dustin gasped, "That would be awesome!"

Mike cut in, "Okay, can we talk about that later?" He asked the Henderson. Dustin's smile fell, and he clamped his mouth shut. Mike looked over. "We need to get you clothes. And a shower."

༺❀༻

Dustin had managed to sneak Kennedy some clothes from Nancy's room. She slipped into a pair of jeans and a plain light green long sleeve. Dustin had also found a pair of hiking boots Karen Wheeler owned, and they fit Kennedy perfectly. Kennedy had sneakily taken a shower upstairs while Mike and Dustin distracted the Wheelers, and she was back downstairs with Dustin.