Chapter Six: Mistake

Everybody looked to the door way in shock as my Mother paced in. She stopped in front of my father. And slapped him in the face. I was shocked. I'd never seen my mother be so brave before. My father jumped up angrily and grabbed her by the hair. Then he threw her to the floor and started kicking her. He enunciated every kick with a sentence of such harshness that I found it hard to believe that he even would have considered marrying her, let alone love her. Me and Jonathan stood there confused, while Jasmine and Emmett stood with their mouths hanging open at the one thing I had tried to hide from everyone for years. Now everyone would know the horrifying secrets about the Rosewood family.

But then something crossed my mind, as I watched my mother being destroyed. What had happened to make my father so mad at my mother? Why had he started beating her all those years ago?

My mother crawled up and ran away, and I quickly managed to get Jasmine to go home, and made Emmett escort her, just to get my friends away from what had just happened. As the door closed behind them,  I went to my father, in his office..

"Father?" I asked, as I sat down in the leather sofa he had in front of his desk. He looked up from his hands and looked at me sadly.

"Yes, sweetheart" He stoked my face as if he missed something. "What can I do for you?" he murmured,  I took a deep breath and then I just spurted it all out.

"Father, I would like to know why you and Mother hate each other so much and always beat each other up and argue" I looked at him curiously to see what he would say.

He took a neep breath and the  replied "I knew you would ask me that one day". He got up and sat on the leather sofa next to me and took my hands. "If I tell you, you have to promise not to judge and simply to try your best to understand. Is that clear?" He asked me and I nodded.

He took a deep breath, and began to tell me the story of my family....