Chapter Eleven: Changed Souls

As Samantha leaned over the sink washing the dye out of her hair she sulked silently. She turned off the tap and grabbed a towel patting dry her hair. She stood up straight and looked into the mirror. The jet black hair stood out bright against her pale skin and green eyes. She didn't miss her ginger hair though. Not at all.

She dried off her hair and cut the long deep fringe over her hair. Checking  herself out in the mirror she smiled. She looked better then she would have thought she would have.

She had thrown away all of her coloured clothes after what had happened to her. Everything in her wardrobe was black and leather and as far as she was concerned, that's how it would stay.

She left the bathroom and walked down the hallway into her room. It was around 9.30pm. Normally she would have been in her little high necked nightdress getting ready for bed, but tonight she was going out.

She threw on her tight leather black jeans and a little dark belly top, and then her leather jacket. Looking in the mirror she backcombed her hair and then thickly layered on a bit of red lipstick and lining her eyes in black eyeliner. Smiling at herself in the mirror she turned out the light closing the door quietly behind her and made her way to the front door. All the servants were in bed already so all she had to do was make sure she didn't make a lot of noise.

She climbed into Cathy's car and silently pulled out the driveway driving down into town. After getting into the central shopping area she parked in a car park that looked rather empty and turned off the engine. Wearing a hard face she got out, locked the door and walked into town. It was already late by then and all the excited teenagers and young adults were queuing up to get into the nightclub. And romantic couples sat eating in the restaurant. But it was the little club in the corner that she was interested in. This one was all hard rock and punk music..She was going to have a go at singing her new song called "Changed Souls"

At The Punky Fish she was known under the stage name of 'Sambucca'. As a variation of her name and boo as in the way she just appeared.

As she walked around the back into the stage door to her changing room there was note tucked in the door.

Sambucca,

My name is Dominic Milner. I am the manager of Milner Records, in Soho. I watched you the other night at your last performance and was very pleased by what I heard. I will be in the audience again and after your performance I would like a word.

Wishing you the best,

Dominic.

Samantha smiled as she read the note and then went into her room to wait to be called up. ..

When they called her she bound onto the stage, the crowd was roaring as she did. She smiled, Sambucca clearly had a presence. she started to sing, her voice floating across the stage,

I'm a changed soul,

Because I couldn't take it no more,

I won't say  I don't know what it  is,

That made me feel like this..

Samantha sung her heart out, and as the audience swelled so did she, especially when she did her cover of Cherrybomb by The Runaways.

Hello Daddy! Hello Mom!

I'm your, ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch CHERRYBOMB!!!

Hello world, I'm your wild girl!

I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch CHERRYBOMB!!

Samantha came off the stage a different girl to when she came on. people crowded around her screaming, but for once, she half ignored them as she she scanned the crowds looking for the person that could probably be Dominic. She didn't notice the mixed raced heartthrob with the sparkly almond eyes saunter over to her looking her up and down. "Samantha!" He called to her as she clapped yes on him. She smiled. "Your Dominic?" She surveyed him. He was beautiful in a way that she couldn't really explain. He nodded.

"Lets get a drink"  He announced grabbing her hand and taking her over to the bar ordering cocktails. "So Samantha, how old are you?" he smiled at her. She looked at him a second before answering. "15" He smirked and then mumbled under his breath "jail-bait"

He paused and then continued "So I heard you singing up there, and I think you have what it takes to survive the music industry" Samantha looked up from her cocktail and smiled. "Really?" She smirked herself looking at him, this 23 year old , even richer then she, smiling at her like she was the most wonderful thing in the world. He nodded. "If I wasn't serious I wouldn't be here, that's for sure". She knew he was telling the truth. This guy never even bothered attempting to do anything that would flop, instead he would just forget all about you.

"Give me your address and I'll come and get you tomorrow to take you to Milner Records. We can sort out your contract there" Samantha nodded. And then Dominic added, "Will you want to be known as Samantha or Sambucca?" She smirked, "Samantha-Rose will be perfect. I want the whole world to know I'm a Rosewood ...."

This in a way was just one of few schemes she had in place to try and spite her Mother. She knew that if she made it and got famous enough to make her music known then she could sing about all the things that her Mother had put her through. She could really put her feelings to music and get things off her chest. She could feel better again, alive.

She sat and watched the other acts curiously for a while before she decided it was late enough for her to leave. She was tired as well and that was enough. She got up and left the club saying goodnight to Dominic and heading home. Only pausing to look back and smile at the club. As she realised she would be remembering that moment when she first went there. That was the beginning of her future.

As she got inside she quietly closed the door and went upstairs trying not to wake anyone up. As she got into her bedroom she closed the door and turned around to find Jonathan on her bed. "Jonathan? What are you doing in here?" She smiled slightly but was still confused. After what had happened at that party she had spent most of her time with him. He didn't smile back. Instead, he frowned. "Samantha, what the fuck are you playing at? Where have you been all night?" She narrowed her eyes before puffing and walking over to the vanity table to take off her make-up.

"Out and about, why does it matter?" She got a make up remover wipe and was wiping her face. What was it to him if she wanted to go out? He stood up and walked over to her, his face was scrunched up in pain. "Because I had no idea where you were, that's why". There was an undercurrent in his voice that she couldn't understand. She turned to look at his face searching, and he did the same. He stroked her face. "Wheres my Samantha gone? That beautiful girl with the red hair that shined like god knows what, and her innocent face with the freckles, I can't see them with all that foundation on you." He took a wipe and rubbed her face removing all the make up. Now I can see the girl I love, I was beginning to wonder where she had gone.

She smiled at him and when she did he had tears in his eyes. She understood now, he loved her without the hair and the make up. But she couldn't go back, not now, that's who she was. He leaned down and kissed her gently pulling her close, and she owed him that much that she didn't resist. She couldn't deny him that.