Chapter 1

I was coming out from a meeting with the other high warlocks. Rumor has it that the circle is rising. I watched as the warlocks portaled home leaving only Magnus and I.

"If what they say is true, what are we going to do?" He asked

"What we always do. Protect our people. I have to start setting wards around New York and check in on the warlocks. You go on ahead. I'll be home by tomorrow. The party is tonight anyways." I told him

"Alright. Be careful, if the circle is rising, they will come for you. Thankfully, they only know about your warlock side, but they will want you for your chaos magic. Be safe my star. I shall see you tomorrow." He said kissing me before portaling to Brooklyn.

I watched as he left and started to strengthen my wards. I went to all my houses before going by every warlock home to strengthen the wards. It was finally morning by the time I was done.

I went home and saw Magnus asleep. I get in bed with him and finally go to sleep. It was later in the afternoon when I woke up.

"Magnus?" I asked looking around for him. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to see him cooking.

"Morning, baby. How was last night?" He asked placing the food in front of me

We sat and ate together telling him my night.

"How about yours?" I asked

"Fun. I partied until the sun rose before going to bed." He said

We finished eating before getting ready for a party. I looked in my closest until finding the perfect outfit.

"Wow!" Magnus said shocked"You seem to always surprise me

"You seem to always surprise me." He continued

I laughed before walking over to him.
"Let's go or we'll be late." I said

I opened a portal before entering pandemonium. We went to our couch surrounded by other warlocks as Magnus, and I were given drinks.

"Let's dance." I told him

We danced and partied until we saw circle members.

"Circle members aren't welcomed in our club." Magnus said

They looked at us, their eyes lingering on me.
"No worries, warlocks. It's all ancient history." The blond guy said

I scoffed, watching Magnus control the situation.
"Really? To me, it was like a blink of an eye." He said showing his eyes.

Immediately the other one tried to lunge at him. I grabbed him with my power before he could though. I chocked the man with my power.
"We've endured worse." He said

As he said that Magnus and I both showed our cat eyes.
"You've inflicted worse" we said at the same time
"Leave" Magnus told them as I released the man

We watched them leave before walking back to our seats. We slowly made our way, until a girl bumped into Magnus.
"Sorry" she said as if she saw something shocking