twenty-nine

◦⭒↜* finally knowing *↝⭒◦

❝ good night, shit bird. 

▬▬▬▬AFTER SURFING, THE POGUES had gone back to the Chateau. They were just taking it easy, enjoying the outdoors as the sun was setting. It was just light enough that they could slightly see each other's faces, but dark enough that the sun was gone. With Kiara and Blue laying in the hammock next to each other and JJ, Pope, Indigo and John B sitting in outdoor chairs, they were sitting comfortably in the silence that fell upon them. They were listening to the grasshoppers sing and the wind blow through the grass. It was peaceful.

"You really think it's out there? Like, no bullshit?" Pope asked, breaking the silence, but emitting hope to everyone there. John B was the one to answer first, which was appropriate. "My father thought it was."

"Do you though?" Blue asked, adding onto Pope's question, but also genuinely wanting to know if he believed in the plan they were making.

"After hearing his voice on that tape...I think I do." John B responded with hope laced in his tone.

"There's only one way to find out." Indigo informed, adding onto their shared hope. The Pogues were all confident that they could find this gold since they had an edge. John B's father had an astronomical amount of research and information on where this could be, so it was a very real possibility that out of everyone who could be looking for it, they had the best chance.

Kiara made a certainty for the group, since she was comforting and also confident in their chances. "Look, we're gonna find it, you know? Even JJ believes."

"Oh my god, JJ, do you really believe?" John B asked in a slightly mocking tone. Not actually catching onto the sarcasm, JJ answered honestly. "Totally...Wait. Are we talking about five mill?"

"Four hundred mill." Kiara and Indigo answered at the same time. Kiara let out a small laugh and tapped Indigo's shoulder, who was sitting right next to the hammock. "Jinx!"

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks." JJ slightly joked as he got up from his chair, hinting at the fact that he was also heading to bed. Once he was up, he walked over to Blue's side of the hammock and without any warning, he slipped his arms behind her back and under her legs. She let out a small squeal of surprise when JJ picked her up. "What are you doing?"

"You expect me to sleep alone. Let's go, snuggle bunny." JJ set her down on her feet, but did grab Blue's hand and practically drag her with him.

"What did you call my sister?" Indigo asked in a quite condescending tone. As soon as he spoke up, Blue tried to repress a laugh since she already knew where this was going. Indigo has never really cared who Blue went out with since he knew that she was tough enough to protect herself and smart enough not to pick someone idiotic.

JJ's eyes went wide with fear and he tried to spit something out, but he couldn't form any words. Indigo just laughed and waved his hand. "I'm kidding, I don't care."

Mainly John B and Kiara laughed at him since they've never seen JJ at a loss for words. Blue patted his arm comfortingly. "Oh, you poor thing."

"That was terrifying." They laughed once more at JJ's fear. As JJ and Blue began walking to the house, JJ felt the need to leave one last joke or insult for John B specifically. He called him the nickname he used to hear John B be called when they were younger. "Good night, Bird!"

"Good night, shit bird!" John B returned the favour.

Once JJ and Blue were inside, they just went to the sun room where JJ was going to fall asleep, hopefully with Blue. She was under the impression that this was just a small joke, so she was going to head to bed as well, but somewhere else. Blue went to walk off into another room and she bid his farewell. "Night, JJ."

"Blue." She turned around for a second and she could already see a nervous look on his face. Blue's face softened when she saw this emotion she's never seen JJ show before. "What's wrong?"

"Um...I wanted to talk to you about something." JJ said as he leaned his back against the wall. Blue moved to stand in front of him and had an open expression, open to whatever he seemed nervous about. "We're pretty close, right? Like more than you are with anyone else."

"I guess so. I mean, I really like being around you. And it helps that you're cute." Blue complimented as she playfully punched him on the arm. JJ smiled and rubbed his neck nervously. It was an odd time for him since a girl has never made JJ feel this scared, but excited. Everything about Blue made his mind go haywire. It was a confusing, but perfect feeling.

"It's just...I've been with a lot- or, not a lot. A small amount, but not like- I'm just gonna stop. Look, no one has ever made me feel the way I feel when I see you or when you talk or even just breathe. It's a weird feeling, but I know what it is, but I don't know if you feel the same 'cause you can be really confusing, but I really like that about you and-" Blue cut JJ's rambling off by pressing her lips to his. He was surprised at first, but JJ put his hands on her waist and kissed her back. When they pulled away, Blue smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Sorry, you were just talking a lot."

JJ returned the smile and pulled her closer to him. "Usually you're the nervous one."

"I know, it's weird...But for the record, I really like you too. If that wasn't clear." JJ let out a small laugh before their lips met once again. They both smiled into the kiss before Blue was caught off guard when JJ lifted her up. He walked over and fell back onto the couch. Blue moved over slightly and wrapped her arms around his waist while JJ put his arm over her shoulder.

Within no time, the two fell asleep in each other's arms just like they had before. Every fear they've had about what their relationship actually was, was cured. JJ Maybank and Blue Laurier were absolutely and completely infatuated with each other.

⸺⸺◦⭒☼⭒◦⸺⸺