Epilogue

Senior year had just started and I was enjoying it so far. Sure, I still had nightmares about what happened on July 4th, but they were getting less frequent as time passed. Since Jonathan left, I hung out more with Steve and Robin. Robin and I were in all the same classes, so it made my life so much easier. Dustin, Mike, Lucas, and Max also started at Hawkins High and I made sure that they knew they could come to me for anything. Dustin, Mike, and Lucas had found a new group of friends to sit with at lunch, so their visits to Robin and I's lunch table became non existent. I didn't mind though, I was glad that they found people with the same interests. That's what led to right now, me walking through the cafeteria passing the Hellfire table to find Robin in our usual spot. I made eye contact with Dustin and decided that I should go say hi.

"Hey Dustin, you staying out of trouble?" I asked as the other people sitting at the table looked at me weirdly.

"You know it, Frankie." He said with a wink and I chuckled.

"Don't let that nice demeanor fool you guys, he's a real schemer." I warned the others at the table and they all nodded in awe that I was talking to them, not really listening to what I said. 

"So, how is it that you know our boy Henderson?" A new voice joined us and I looked and realized it was the lead of Hellfire, Eddie Munson. 

"Flip that statement around. I knew him first, so technically, I should be asking you that question." I pointed out shrugging when he chuckled.

"My question stands. How do you know Henderson?" He voiced once again.

"We go way back. Saved the world together, you know." I said in a joking tone, but Dustin and I both knew it was the truth. Everyone laughed and Dustin and I looked at each other knowing the truth. 

"No, seriously." Eddie asked once again.

"I guess it will have to remain a mystery because Robin's waiting for me. Enjoy your lunch, boys." I said as I left their table and went to find Robin. I saw Robin and sat down as she looked at me in astonishment. "What?" I asked referring to her look.

"Do you know who you just talked to?" She asked and I looked at her confused.

"Yeah, Dustin and his friends." I shrugged as I started moving the food around on my plate. It wasn't the most appetizing meal I've ever seen in my life. 

"That's Eddie Munson." She pointed out and I nodded.

"So." I said rolling my eyes.

"So, he's like THE drug dealer in Hawkins." She said and I widened my eyes in fake shock.

"What, really?" I asked sarcastically, but she didn't understand my sarcasm.

"Yeah, he deals drugs to other teenagers. You should keep your distance." She advised and I shrugged.

"So what? Maybe he's a decent guy." I suggested and she shook her head.

"Well, I saw the way he looked at you when you left. Like he was impressed and intrigued. I think he likes you." She said and I shrugged.

"So what if he does?" I questioned. "It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for someone to think I'm attractive." I joked and she protested once again.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that there are other options on the table here." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm very flattered, Robin, but I don't swing that way, sorry." I joked and she shook her head again.

"No, you're not my type. I was talking about someone else we both know. I think that you should keep your options open because Steve is still available, you know." She suggested and I rolled my eyes again.

"For the last time, Robin, Steve and I are just friends. I am not ruining another friendship like that." I said determined to keep Steve and my friendship in tact.

"You and Jonathan are still friends though, right." Robin asked.

"Yeah, but it's never been the same since I confessed that I loved him. There's always this underlying thing. Plus, he hasn't exactly been keeping in contact." I said frustrated that I haven't spoken to him in a while. 

"Well, you and Steve are different. I think you'd make a good couple." She shrugged as she opened her milk and began drinking it.

"Thanks, Chuck Woolery." I joked referring to my favorite dating show. 

"I'm serious. You should try it. You might regret it if you don't." She shrugged and then I saw Eddie Munson approaching our table.

"Hey, Frankie, right?" He asked pointing at me. Robin gave me a look and I ignored it.

"Yeah, and you're Eddie." I said confused as to why he was here.

"You know who I am." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. "I heard from Henderson that you're a pretty good tutor and was wondering if you could possibly help me with Ms. O'Donnell's class." He suggested as he bent down at our table to put his head on his hands in front of me. He smiled sweetly at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Haven't you flunked that class twice?" I asked knowing that he was supposed to graduate two years ago.

"Once, technically. But it's a bullshit class and she hates me. I heard you got an A in that class, so please, I'm begging you, help me pass and graduate to leave this school forever." He said with prayer hands and I looked at Robin. Robin shook her head telling me not to do it. Then I looked at Eddie with his puppy dog eyes and I sighed.

"Fine, but if you don't take this seriously, I won't help you anymore, got it?" I asked for his understanding.

"Yep, got it." He said cheering. 

"Meet me in the library after school." I said and his smile fell.

"The library? I don't do libraries." He said and I looked at him with a glare.

"Really?" I asked and he shrugged.

"For you, I will make an exception." He told me honestly. 

"Fine. You also need to drive me home after." I reluctantly agreed.

"Works for me, Edwards." He said as he smiled sweetly and turned back to his Hellfire table of friends to rejoin them.

"What have you gotten yourself into?" Robin asked me and I sighed.

"I have no idea." I said laying my head down on the table. What I didn't know then was how Eddie Munson was going to become not only apart of my world, but the Upside Down as well.