1.3: Holly Jolly

I ran into Jonnie at school the day after our trip to Indianapolis.

"Hey, how did everything go last night?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't find any sign of Will. And my mom is going crazy. She thinks that Will is talking to her through the lights in his bedroom." Jonathan said quietly.

"Maybe I could talk to her. Make sure she's ok?" I said not knowing how to address the situation.

"I don't know. She's really messed up right now. She's not thinking straight." He said worried.

"After school today, I can go talk to her. Make sure she's ok." I said rubbing his arms.

"Thank you. I'd really appreciate it." Jonnie said.

"Of course." I said as the bell rang. "Well, I'll see you after school." I said realizing we don't have any classes together.

"Yeah, see ya." He said as I walked to my first class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school day dragged on, but it was finally over. I went out to the parking lot to get into my car to go talk to Joyce like I promised Jonathan, but I saw Steve, Carol, Tommy H, and Nicole were all surrounding Jonathan.

"Please, give me my bag." Jonathan said reaching for his bag.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I asked getting in between Jonathan and Steve.

"We're just looking at Jonathan, here's art." Steve said going through his bag.

"Give him his bag, Steve, please." I said trying to act civil.

"He must really have something to hide. Ah Here we go." Steve said taking out pictures that Jonathan took.

"Oh, man." Steve said looking at the pictures.

"Let me see." Tommy H said. 

"Yeah, this isn't creepy at all." Carol said taking some photos. 

"I was looking for my brother." Jonathan defended.

"No. No, this is called stalking." Steve said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked concerned.

"Aw, look he even has pictures of us studying the other night." Steve said handing me some pictures that he had in his hands. I took the pictures and saw Steve and I talking in them. I had to admit that it was pretty creepy. Before I could say anything Nancy walked up.

"What's going on?" She said confused.

"Here's the starring lady." Tommy H said.

"What?" Nancy asked.

"This creep was spying on us last night. He was probably gonna save this one for later." Carol said handing Nancy a picture.

"See, you can tell that he knows it was wrong, but Man, that's the thing about perverts, it's hardwired into 'em. You know, they just can't help themselves. So we'll just have to take away his toy." Steve said ripping up the pictures and going to take his camera.

"Steve." Nancy whispered.

"No, please, not the camera." Jonathan begged.

"Come on, give it back." I said annoyed that he'd threaten to break someone else's property. As Jonathan tried to grab his camera, Tommy held him back.

"No, no, wait, wait Tommy, Tommy. It's okay. Here you go, man." Steve said going to hand Jonathan his camera, but he dropped it on purpose. "Come on, let's go. The game's about to start." Steve said walking towards the school. I stayed beside Jonathan as Tommy H got in his face. Before Tommy could do anything I slapped him across the face.