2.5: Dig Dug

I tried to talk to Jonathan about everything that's been going on, but he's been MIA for the past few days. Figures. I was sitting in my bed trying to focus on homework when I heard a tap on my window. I went to investigate and saw that it was Billy Hargrove. What the hell was he doing here. I opened the window to find out.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper yelled not wanting to alert my father. 

"I wanted to see you." He said with a cocky smile.

"Well, you've seen me, now get lost." I said going to close the window.

"No, I want to talk to you. Can I come in?" He asked beginning to climb in anyway. 

"Yeah, come right in. Make yourself at home." I said sarcastically as he came inside. 

"This is nice. Very homey." He said investigating my room. 

"What are you doing here? My dad is home." I said panicking a little.

"Don't worry. I won't alert dear old daddy." He said sarcastically.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again.

"I wanted to see you. Is that a crime?" He asked rhetorically.

"It is when I don't want to see you." I said crossing my arms. It was only then that I realized that I was in a tank top and shorts and I instantly felt exposed.

"I know that's not true." He said getting closer to me and I stepped back.

"Billy, you need to leave." I said not looking him in the eyes.

"Come on, I know that you felt what I felt from that kiss. You can't deny it." He said a little more sympathetic. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I denied.

"I know you felt it. That's why you've been avoiding me. You're afraid about the fact that you want it to happen again." He explained getting even closer. 

I looked up and realized that his lips were inching towards mine. I tried to stop myself, but I began inching towards him as well. The distance finally closed and his lips were on mine. It felt even better this time and we began walking backwards until the back of my knees hit my bed and I leaned back onto it. He hovered over me and broke the kiss to take his shirt off. I looked at his body and began taking my shirt off too. He reconnected our lips and I began roaming his body with my hands.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked concerned.

"Yes. Do you have ummm..?" I asked nervously. He nodded and took a condom from his back pocket. I instantly reconnected the kiss and we had a night I would remember for the rest of my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up and realized that Billy was gone. He left a note that said he had a good time and that he would see me at school on Monday. I smiled and realized that today was the day that Steve and I were supposed to pick out flowers. I was looking for my bag when I heard a car horn from outside. 

"Frankie, honey, it's Steve." Dad yelled for me and I quickly found my bag and went towards the door.

"Bye, dad, see you later." I waved as I exited the house and got into Steve's car. 

"Hey Frankie-stein, ready to pick out some flowers?" Steve asked and I paused at the nickname.

"Frankie-stein?" I asked with a weird face.

"I thought I'd try it out? No?" Steve asked trying to gauge my reaction.

"No." I said shaking my head.

"Yeah, I figured." He said putting the car into drive to head to the florist.

"So what kind of flowers were you thinking?" I asked changing the subject.

"I was thinking something classic and pretty. Like sunflowers or something." Steve said not having any idea what he was talking about.

"Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?" I asked chuckling.

"No, not really." Steve admitted as he came to a stop in front of the flower shop.

"Figures. Let's go save your relationship." I said getting out of the car and he followed. The flower shop was filled with hundreds of different flowers and Steve and I were currently looking through trying to figure out what to get. "I have a confession to make." I said and he looked at me worried.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't really know that much about flowers." I said picking up some daisies.

"I thought girls were supposed to know about this sort of stuff." Steve said disappointed.

"Well, I've never had girl friends so." I shrugged.

"Well, you are still a girl, right?" He asked sarcastically.

"Let's just get some roses and get this over with." I said rolling my eyes. We picked out red roses and checked out. 

"Awww, I love seeing couples in here picking out flowers." The checkout lady said. 

"Oh, we're not a couple." I said gesturing between us.

"Really?" She asked looking between us.

"Yeah, she's helping me pick out flowers for my girlfriend. We're just friends." Steve clarified.

"Well, that's awfully nice of you." She said to me.

"Yeah, what are friends for?" I asked rhetorically getting uncomfortable. We got back to the car and got inside to go to Nancy's house.

"Why does everyone always think we're a couple?" Steve asked chuckling.

"I know. People act like a guy and a girl can't be friends without falling in love with each other." I scoffed.

"It's ridiculous." Steve scoffed as we pulled up to Nancy's. "You seem weird today. Did something happen?" He asked noticing that I was in fact acting weird.

"No, why do you say that?" I asked confused.

"It's just that you look like you feel guilty about something." He answered.

"Well, I feel guilty that my dad doesn't get to see Mary as much." I said making up an excuse.

"Oh, that makes sense." He shrugged and began to get out of the car after grabbing the flowers.

"Well, good luck." I said not knowing what to do.

"Thanks." He said closing the car door.

"Dustin? What the hell?" I asked and he looked surprised to see me. 

"Great. The more the merrier." Dustin said as he looked back to Steve. "Do you still have that bat?"

"Bat? What bat?" Steve asked confused.

"The one with the nails?" Dustin asked sarcastically waving the flowers.

"Why?" Steve asked confused.

"I'll explain it on the way." He said getting into the car.

"Now?" Steve asked.

"Now!" Dustin demanded.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked concerned.

"Do you still have the bow and arrow?" Dustin asked poking his head through the seats.

"In my garage, why?" I asked confused.

"There's not enough time to go get it. We'll have to improvise on a weapon for you." Dustin said sitting back in his seat. I looked at Steve with a confused look and he returned it. 

"It's about the Demogorgon." Dustin started and Steve and I began freaking out. 

"What do you mean?" I asked as Steve said, "I thought we killed it."

"It's actually a demogorgon dog a demo-dog, if you will." Dustin said elaborating.

"What? Where?" I asked and Dustin began explaining everything about the new threat to Hawkins, Indiana.