XI

"So, are you gonna tell me where we're going, or what?" I asked Spencer as he opened his car door for me to get in.

"Definitely not,"

"Oh come on, please?"

"I told you, Percy, its a surprise!"

"Alright, fine,"

We drove for about an hour, chatting about everything and nothing. we had settled into a silence as a random Hozier song played over the radio when i noticed we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Literally where are we right now?"

"Prince William Forest,"

"Oh god, what do you have planned,"

Spencer just smirked, not even looking at me.

"Spencer!" i complained.

Soon, he pulled into a gravel parking lot that was a bit overgrown with weeds. Parking the car, he got out, quickly rushing to my side to open the door for me, and offering his arm as he led me down a trail.

"So, what are we doing here?"

"We're walking,"

"Well no shit, sherlock," we laughed together.

"I'm going to show you one of the most beautiful places i've ever been, and we're going to have lunch there."

"Aww, Spence! but, wait where's the food? Surely you didn't leave food lying in the middle of nowhere?"

he winked, "don't worry about it."

i scoffed playfully.

"So, um, where did you grow up?" I asked.

"Las Vegas,"

"No shit?" I grinned sideways.

"it wasn't very glamorous. my parents divorced when i was young, and my mom- my mom has schizophrenia, you know, so. and my dad wasn't very adamant to stay in my life after the divorce, so you know, i haven't talked to him since i was like, ten."

i touched his arm softly in support, "i know it would be a grain of salt for some people to say, but i do know how you feel. you know i do."

"yeah," he sniffed softly, "on a more cheery note, what is the best book you've ever read?

"Oh, definitely Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince."

Spencer started laughing suddenly; i had never heard him laugh so hard, and it made me smile.

"why is that funny?" i grinned, giggling.

"I don't know, i don't know! i just- i guess i wasn't expecting it! and- i mean- i don't know what i was expecting, but it definitely wasn't Harry Potter."

"don't diss Harry Potter- i will leave this date if you diss the masterpiece of the Wizarding World."

"I'm not- i don't hate it. i promise," he finished laughing.

I giggled before asking, "Well i know better than to ask your favorite book. you'd give me a list a mile long,"

"How'd you know?"

"i can smell it on you," i teased, looking up at him.

"Derek told you,"

"Derek told me," i laughed again, my head down as i watched where i was walking.

"you called?" said a voice from in front of us, and my head snapped up.

"Derek! What are you doing here?" i exclaimed.