VI

Persephone P.O.V.

after they built the profile and gave it to the police, the team- more specifically, Penelope- began their search for Alex.

i just sat in the conference room, Seb had woken up, and now i was watching him play with his Duplo blocks. he was so innocent, completely unaware of what was happening.

"Miss Castellanos?" i heard Agent Hotchner say, and i looked up, "we found him.'

my breath caught in my throat, "uh- okay. what do you need me to do?"

"come with me." he responded shortly and held open the door for me.

"uh," i quickly grabbed Seb and a few of his blocks, following Hotchner into the bullpen area, where the rest of the team was waiting, including Penelope on a computer screen.

"i gotta admit, this guy isn't very good at the whole staying-off-the-grid-so-i-can-become-a-serial-killer thing. he was fairly easy to find." Penelope said when she saw me take a seat in front of the computer.

"Percy, we need to ask something of you, and its okay if you don't want to we-"

"Derek," i grabbed his arm, "i will do anything to put that son of a bitch in jail."

"oh! yes ma'am!" Penelope said, "sorry," she then said as Hotchner looked at her.

i laughed lightly at her enthusiasm for me.

"we need you to help us get him to be compliant."

"what do i have to do?"

******

i rode in the seat behind Derek, who was in the passenger seat. Prentiss was in the seat next to me, Hotchner was driving. Prentiss was helping me hook up a mic and earpiece that Alex wouldn't be able to see, but it would allow for the team to communicate with me and know what was going on. Rossi, Spencer, and JJ were in another black vehicle following behind us. the plan was for them to park a few houses down and we would park in front of the house.

soon i noticed the car had stopped. i looked out the window as Prentiss finished attaching the mic to my bra- the best place to keep it hidden. we were at an older home. it was small and slightly dilapidated. the greenery in the front was horribly overgrown and my green-thumb ached to fix it- but that wasn't what i was here for.

"you remember the plan?" Hotchner asked, turning around to look at me.

"yeah, i got this." i said confidently. i stepped out of the car, and it kind of felt like one of those scenes in a movie; i felt like a badass.

i approached the door, taking a deep breath before knocking. i heard shuffling, and then a "who's there?"

"I'm looking for Alex Brown?" i said calmly.

i guess he recognized my voice because the shuffling became quicker and soon he was frantically unlocking the door.

"Persepone," he grinned evilly, "i knew you'd come back to me. come inside."

as he widened the door for me, i stepped inside, making sure to slightly sway my hips as i walked past him.

i heard the door close and soon he was pressing me against the wall, his breath hitting my nose and i had to hold back the gag.

"did you get my message?" he asked, proud of himself.

i was dreading what i knew i had to do next, but i had to get this guy in jail.

"of course! but you're not gonna actually hurt me, are you?" i made myself cower beneath him, my eyes watering-for effect, of course, but also because of how bad he smelled.

his expression softened, "no! no, of course not baby, we're gonna make things right, okay? you and me, we're gonna run away together, us against the world, yeah? leave that stupid creature with your mom."

it took everything in me to not kick him in the nuts after that last comment, but i continued, "yes, us against the world."

he grinned, grabbing a bag that was already packed on the kitchen table, and grabbing my hand.

"you see, i knew you'd find me, so i already packed, all we gotta do now is run."

i smiled at him forcibly, trying not to mess this up for the team. i knew they were right outside, on the front lawn, ready to catch him.

then we walked to the front door, and as he opened it i darted out, but i was too slow, and he grabbed my waist as he noticed the team in the yard.

"FBI, let her go, now!" Agent Hotchner yelled. They all had their guns pointed in our direction.

then i felt the cool metal of the barrel of a gun pressed against my side, and i let out a sob.

"Alex Brown, drop the gun, and let her go, now! we will shoot!" Derek yelled.

"no you wont! she means too much to you Derek. you wont fire if she's still standing in front of me!"

i began shutting out whatever they were saying and began thinking of a way to make him let me go. and then i thought of it.

i let my hand trail behind me as i felt around for his privates, and as i rubbed them, i felt his grip on the gun loosen and i grabbed it from his hand, quickly spinning around and pointing it at him.

"hands above your head, bitch." i said.

he glared at me, his hands raising in the air, and Derek ran over, quickly cuffing Alex. i immediately threw the gun away from me and fell to my knees, exhausted from the experience.

Spencer ran over to me, hugging me, telling me it was okay, that it was over. i didn't even realize i was crying until i felt him wipe tears from my cheeks. i grabbed his hands, and muttered a small "thank you."

he smiled at me and helped me up, walking me towards Emily and JJ, who quickly hugged me and helped me into the black vehicle we traveled here in.

it was over, no more Alex, no more living in fear. i could be sure that Seb was safe, and that was the most important thing.

but another thing that was somewhat important was the butterflies i got when i made eyecontact with Spencer as Emily removed the microphone.

something tells me this isn't the last time I'll see the BAU.