III

Persephone's POV

after my confession about Alex, Derek and Dr. Reid shared a glance.

"Percy, could you come with us to the station? we're gonna need to ask you some more questions."

i sniffled, "yeah- yes. anything to stop that asshole."

so i got my backpack with my wallet and Seb's stuff, and Dr. Reid picked up Seb, as Derek moved the car seat into their black suburban.

as Dr. Reid buckled Seb up, i hopped in on the other side, next to Seb, and Derek got in the driver's seat, and then Dr. Rei sat in the passenger seat. and then we left.

***

when we arrived at the station, Seb had fallen asleep, so i carefully took him out of his seat, holding him to my chest.

"Do you want me to grab the bag for you?" Dr. Reid asked politely.

"yeah- if you don't mind, that would be awesome. thank you."

"of course," he replied simply.

we walked in and a tall man with black hair and a stern aura approached us.

"Miss Castellanos," he greeted me, "i'd shake your hand but you seem to have your arms full," he offered a smile.

"oh, that's fine, im more of a hugger anyway, although that probably wouldn't be appropriate," i said awkwardly.

"SSA Aaron Hotchner," he introduced himself.

"Persephone Castellanos, but you definitely already knew that." i smiled.

"right, follow me please." he turned around and walked towards a conference room with an evidence board showing the dead girl with my name written in her blood. i quickly looked away.

"Percy, you ok?" Derek asked, putting his hand on my back.

i sighed, "i will be when this is over."

"hi," a petite blonde approached me, "my name is Jennifer Jareau. would you mind taking a seat so we can ask you some questions?"

"oh, yes, of course, but would yall mind introducing everyone? i don't like being in a room with nameless people." i asked as i took a seat in a chair at the table, adjusting Seb's position on my chest.

"SSA David Rossi," an older man introduced himself.

"no way," i said, "i-you-i've read your books!" i said excitedly.

"i get that a lot." he responded with a smile.

"Emily Prentiss," a woman with dark hair introduced herself.

i smiled at her, and then Jennifer took a seat next to me, to i switched my focus to her.

"would you mind telling me about your relationship with Alex Brown?" She asked kindly.

"uh, yeah. so about four years ago i worked in a craft store, and he was a regular, always coming in and buying paints and canvases. we had been on a first-name basis for a few months when he asked me for my number. he was really sweet, and we always made conversation in the store, so i gave it to him. a few weeks later, we had been texting a lot, and i started to grow feelings for him, and then he asked me on a date, so obviously i said yes. we went on a few dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend, and i said yes. he knew about my D.I.D., but he still liked me, and that was amazing. for that first year of our relationship he was really sweet. but then something changed. he became obsessive and controlling. he would order for me at restaurants, he wouldn't let me talk to male cashiers, when we went to bars, he wouldn't let me order what i wanted, it was always some beer he liked- and i hate beer. for a while i tried convincing myself that it was fine, that this was a normal phase of a relationship. but i knew it wasn't, and when i confronted him about it he hit me. after that he made me do things i didn't want to do. then, a few weeks after our anniversary, i found out i was pregnant. i thought it would fix things. it didn't. he thought i had cheated on him, because he thought i was on the pill. i wasn't, because it interferes with my meds. but he got mad, and almost killed me. he had grabbed a kitchen knife and chased me until i hid in the bathroom and called the police. as the police were putting him into the car, he- he told me he was going to slit my throat. that i needed to pay for my actions. i don't know when he was released, and i haven't heard from him since his arrest." i finished.

"okay, thank you. would you mind speaking to our technical analyst, she's going to do some more research on Alex." Jennifer asked softly.

"yeah, that's okay." i replied.

Jennifer turned a computer towards me and a blonde woman wearing bright colors was on the screen.

"oh- hi! im Penelope Garcia! you're so pretty and your baby is adorable." she said quickly and excitedly.

i giggled, "thank you, you're gorgeous and i love your earrings."

"oh- thank you! alrighty, give me the scoop! full name?"

"Alexander James Brown." i told her.

"do you know where he grew up?"

"Rockford, Illinois."

i heard some clicking from her side of the camera, "is this him?" she asked before a picture appeared on my screen. my breath hitched in my throat.

"yea- yep mhm that's him."

"alright. Alexander Brown was born on July 13, 1987 to Mary and James Brown. he had lots of disciplinary issues in school. stalking girls and taking pictures of them in the bathroom. ew. uhh, he moved to Chicago after he graduated high school, never went to college, and became an artist."

"yeah, that's him." i said.

"kay, i will dig up some more dirt and hit you back when im done!" Penelope said.

"thank you, Garcia." SSA Hotchner said.

"Penelope out!" she said, clicking a button and she disappeared from the screen.

"Percy, do you wanna step out while we discuss the profile?" Derek asked softly.

"No-i uh-id like to stay if that's okay."

"are you sure? this wont be easy to hear." Hotchner said.

"im assuming Derek didn't tell you, but I've been wanting to join the BAU since i was 15. i was unable to because i never passed the psych eval thanks to my D.I.D.. but i still continue to study criminal psychology even though i know my dream will never come true. so considering my knowledge of your job and Alex, i think i could help."

"i like this one," Rossi said, shaking his finger at me, and i smiled.

"very well. but if you need to leave at any point, you can step out." Hotchner told me and i nodded in response.

"okay, lets build the profile." Emily said.