V

when we returned to the station, i immediately ran inside to find Seb. one of the officers was watching over him as he played with his Duplo blocks.

"Seb!" i called for him.

"Mama!" he smiled, and i knelt down next to him, wrapping him in a hug.

Spencer walked up to us and began picking up Seb's toys and snacks, somehow putting them all in the right place in the backpack.

"how do you know where it all goes?" i asked him.

"oh," he looked up at me, "i was watching while you packed his bag back at your house, i have an eidetic memory."

"that's- so what, you're a genius?" i asked, amazed.

"yeah-yes, I'm a genius." he smiled at me as he finished packing the bag

i smirked, "thats kinda hot," his face flushed, and he looked down at the ground.

"y'all would be so cute together." a voice from behind me said, and i turned around.

"JJ-" Spencer began, but i interrupted him.

"perhaps," i smiled, "but I'm not too good at long distance relationships; I'm clingy."

"about that, Derek and Hotch want to talk to you in the conference room- thats why I'm here." JJ told me, smiling at my comment.

"okay, can you watch Seb for me?" i asked her.

she gasped happily, "yes, of course!" i handed him to her and she put him on her hip, smiling as he babbled at her.

i thanked her and then walked over to the conference room. i could hear Derek and Hotch talking as i approached the door, but they stopped as soon as i entered.

"JJ said you wanted to talk to me?"

"yes, have a seat, please," Hotch asked politely, and i took a seat across from them, "first, i want to let you know that you did an excellent job today, the maneuver you did to get his gun- that was almost professional."

"oh- thank you." i said smiling.

"i want to offer you a job." he said, dropping the bomb like it was nothing.

my smile fell and shock set into my expression, "wait, what?"

"you know i remodel homes- i have one close to work and its got plenty of room for you and Seb, and you'd just have to pay rent." Derek offered.

"You'd travel with the team, but if we deal with a case that might trigger you, you are welcome to stay behind with Penelope- i don't think she'd mind the company, and shes already expressed how cool she thinks you are." Hotch said, showing a small smile at the last part.

"oh my god," i breathed out, covering my mouth with my hand, thinking for a moment.

"and if you're worried about if you're qualified, your masters in psychology and criminology are plenty to qualify for this job." Hotch explained to you.

"yeah-yes, okay, i accept." i decided and smiled.

"wonderful, Agents Morgan and Reid are going to stay behind and help you with packing. in a week, you'll need to take a training course, and then you'll take your firearms course. you'll start in four weeks." he nodded and left the room.

"Derek-" i began, but before i could continue, he had already walked around the table and was embracing me in a hug.

"you did it! you're gonna be working with me in the BAU!" he said excitedly. "I'm so proud of you."

******

two days later

"is that the last box?" i asked Derek as he lifted a large brown box into the back of a moving truck.

"yep!" he grunted.

then, Spencer walked out of the house, "house is empty, we can get going." he announced.

we were renting an RV and we would take turns driving the moving truck and driving the RV. this would save us money because we wouldn't have to rent a hotel room.

i grabbed Seb, who was sitting on the sidewalk in front of the house, and put him on the small sofa in the RV.

"I'm first shift with the truck, Percy, you're first shift with the RV. lets get rollin'!" Derek announced.

and so Spencer got into the RV, and sat on the sofa with Seb, and i started the RV, following behind the moving truck Derek was driving, and we were on our way to D.C.

****

sorry this chapter is kinda short, but its necessary :