I

Start writing your story

Spencer POV

"once again, we will be traveling to the birthplace of our very own Derek Morgan." Garcia said, her clicker in her hand.

"what happened in Chicago?" Rossi asked as he sat down next to me.

"well, let me show you." Garcia clicked a button on the remote and a picture of a young girl appeared on screen. "this is Alice Grover, she was a college student who worked at a local coffee shop. she was walking home at the wrong time, and ended up like this." she clicked the remote again and a picture of the young girl's body appeared on screen. she had been dressed in a greek toga, and was laying in an unremorseful position. Alice's throat had been slit.

"was she going to a toga party?" JJ asked.

"no, that's the thing, the clothes aren't hers. she never bought a toga."

"she could be borrowing it?" Morgan suggested.

"nope, and ill show you how i know." Garcia clicked the remote and another picture showed on screen. it was an image of the wall behind the body. written in the girl's blood, was "Persephone shall pay."

"oh my god," Derek said, suddenly looking tense.

"i think you mean oh my gods," Garcia corrected, attempting to lighten the mood.

"no, i have a very good friend, i grew up a few doors down from her. her name is Persephone Castellanos. her dad was greek. i haven't spoken to her in years. could this case have something to do with her?"

"there's no way to tell yet, but you should go talk to her as soon as we land." Hotch told Morgan, standing up. "wheels up in 30."

"a girl, huh? did you ever date?" Prentiss teased him.

"no, Percy was like a sister to me." Morgan corrected her.

***

"okay, Reid, you go with Morgan to Persephone's house. JJ and Rossi, you go to the crime scene, and Prentiss and i will head to the Police department."

a few minutes later and the plane landed, and we all went our separate directions, Morgan and i getting into one of the SUVs provided for us.

"so, how long have you known her?"

"since she was born. her parents lived two houses down from us, and her mom would babysit my sisters and i. my sisters were so happy to find out she was having a baby girl, but i wasn't. i wanted another boy to play with. but, eventually, Percy and i became inseparable. when i left to come here, she made me promise to call her as often as possible. i failed to keep that promise."

"does she know we're coming?"

"no, i figured why not surprise her."

we soon arrived at the small house.

"are you sure she still lives here?"

"yeah, i had Garcia check." he told me as we walked up to the front door. he rang the door bell.

"one second!" we heard from the inside. soon i could hear footsteps approaching the door.

"so sorry, my son can be a handful-" she started as she opened the door, not looking at Derek until the last few words of her sentence. "Derek?"

"hey Percy." he smiled.

stared at him for a few seconds before jumping at him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Derek, oh my god! what the hell?!" she soon jumped off of him, slapping him hard on the chest, earning a small 'ow' from him. "what happened to calling me every day, asshat? i had to ask your mother just to make sure you were still alive!"

"I'm sorry, i really am. i don't have any excuses." he told her.

i shuffled in my spot, and the short girl noticed me. she looked at me strangely for a second.

"who are you?" she asked.

"Dr. Spencer Reid, i work with Derek."

she smirked, "Doctor? that's kinda hot."

i blushed darkly, and Morgan lightly pushed her shoulder, "hush, Percy, you'll scare him off."

"aw, you're no fun." she told him.

"mama!" we heard from inside.

"oh goodness, he probably made a mess." she said, rubbing her forehead.

"who is that?" Derek asked her, trying to look inside.

"oh, jeez, we haven't caught up in a while, have we? come inside, both of you, ill make some tea."