VI

four weeks later; Blake has joined the team, btw

i walk into the BAU, immediately spotting JJ and Penny looking at a newspaper by the coffee machine.

"hey, hotties, what's up?" i day, stepping over.

"Percy!! you're finally here!" Penny exclaimed, putting her coffee down and running over, her jewelry bouncing with her.

"hi, Pen!" we hugged.

"hotties?" JJ asked smiling.

"what, can i not compliment y'all?" i ask smiling.

Garcia and JJ laugh.

"so, what's interesting about the paper today?"

"horoscopes!" Penelope responded excitedly.

"ooh! gimme that!" i said, snatching it and trying to find mine.

"Miss Castellanos, welcome. it's your first day and we already have a case." Hotch said walking over.

"i can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing." i said to him.

"i guess both," he replied.

"what are you three looking at?" Rossi said, walking over.

"horoscopes!" i said, smiling and holding up the paper to him.

"aiyaiyai," he said, shaking his head, and walking away to the conference room.

"you know, statistically, 85.2% of horoscopes are accurate, but that's just because people agree with what the horoscope is saying, not taking into account that none of it is based on scientific facts." reid said, walking up with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"ugh, reid, why do you have to ruin it?" JJ groaned.

"i didn't-" he stuttered.

"aw, don't be mean to him, he's just trying to impress Percy." Morgan joked.

"what! i- no-!"

"oh, leave spencie alone. i think his statistics are cute." i smirked, and his face turned pink.

everyone laughed, and then hotch said, "alright, everyone to the conference room."

we all followed him in, and took our seats.

'okay, i present to you, crime fighters, an oldie, but not such a goodie. i give you Rachel Hughes, Melissa Martinez, Tara Rios, Diana Brooks, and Gloria Clemente." Garcia said, "you guys know the deets, this is news to you, Blake and Percy. over the last five years, each of these women have disappeared from a park off the alifornia coast, from as far south as San Diego and as far North as San Francisco."

"each of them were nannies," JJ began, "who were kidnapped while watching kids."

"ah, thankfully, each of the little ones was returned to a church or hospital totally unharmed within 24 hours," Garcia said while she sat down next to me.

now Derek began to speak, "but the nannies were found dead, posed on park benches and Los Angeles playgrounds. one a year, always on the same date."

"may 13," Spencer began, "the actual abduction date varies from case to case, but the unsub goes to great lengths to make sure the bodies are found on that exact day."

"all except victim number three, Tara Rios." Rossi said, "somehow she managed to escape."

"garbage truck driver found her passed out in an alley in hollywood. she had no idea who took her or where he held her." Morgan explained.

"Morgan and i questioned her, i even tried to do cognitive, but she was way too traumatized to remember much of anything at all." JJ told us.

"clearly she dissociated from the event." Blake said. she word sparked my attention, as i sat up straighter in my seat, and took in a deep breath. no one noticed, as far as i could see.

"we've contacted her several times over the past few years trying to get more info, but she just refuses to talk to us." JJ admits.

"her reluctance isnt surprising." Hotch began, "each of the victims was sexually assaulted and tortured with burning implements for several days."

"and then he drowned them in scalding water when he was done." Derek finished.

"but no matter where he grads them, he always returns them to L.A." Rossi said.

"both the location and that date obviously means something significant, but what?" Blake asked.

"perhaps something similar to what the he is doing to these women, happened to our unsub on that date?" i speculated, and got a few nods of consideration,

"may 13 is two weeks away." Spencer said.

"Garcia," Hotch said, "go ahead and alert the press on the west coast. when we land in L.A., Morgan and JJ will take the jet to Seattle and make a personal plea to Tara Rios. Wheels up in 30."

everyone got up, heading to their desks for their go bags. my first day at work at the BAU and we already have a case. this is going to be a long day.

*******

ASKLLRUKEHMEYKQTKWTKAYMDHK 9K READS OML THANK YALL SO MUCH OMG