Epilogue - Happily Ever After

I slowly approached the edge of the mountain top, looking out across the vast grassy land below. I had never felt more free then a did in that very moment.
"Are you just gonna stand there and stare or are you gonna get over here?" His voice exclaimed from behind me.
I chuckled softly, turning back to see the most amazing man in the world sitting on a picnic blanket with a basket full of goodies. But was he really a man? No, physically he was not. But he had the heart of a true one. "Sorry Springtrap, it's just so beautiful here." I smiled, lifting the champagne glass I was holding high. "Here's to hoping this happiness will last forever."
Springtrap raised an empty glass, as he himself couldn't actually drink anything if he wanted too. "To us." He said.
I blushed, taking a sip off my glass and walking back over to sit beside him. I set the half empty glass down beside me, and took Springtraps hands in mine. I looked up at him, a sparkle in my eyes. "Ya know Springtrap, when I was a little kid I always dreamed about getting my happily ever after, and for a long time I thought I had it, but, I've realized now that I still haven't gotten that happily ever after." I got to my feet, lifting Springtrap along with me. He had a concerned look on his face.
I began swinging Springtrap along, remembering the steps from my favorite classic Disney movie. Before I knew it the two of us were waltzing together on the top of a mountain, my face was stupidly warm and red, but the two of us continued to dance.
The warm summer sun felt so nice on my skin, and the cool breeze blew through my hair.
Slowly, the two of us came to a stop. Springtrap and I locked eyes, as his shimmered a light purple.
He placed his hands on my cheeks, cupping my face. He let out a soft giggle. "Y/N, you know I love you, right?"
I placed my hands on his face aswell. "Of course I do, and I love you." I sighed. "Which is why I have an important question to ask you." I slid my hands into my back pocket, slowly slipping a small box into my right hand.
I struggled down onto my knee and pulled the box out from behind me, opening it to reveal a beautiful amethyst ring, the same shade of purple to match Springtrap's eyes. "Springtrap, will you marry me?" I finally asked, a slight bit of sweat dripping down my face.
Springtrap stepped back a bit, clearly in shock. He probably wasn't expecting me to be the one to ask.
Springtrap finally cracked a laugh, as he knelt down as well and pulled out a diamond ring.
I covered my mouth with my hand in aw.
"That's funny cause, I was about to ask you the same thing, Y/N." Springtrap answered, his ears flat against his head. "But since you asked first I guess it's only right if I answer first." Springtrap looked forward at me. "Yes Y/N, I will."
I smiled wide, jumping into his arms. "My answer is a yes too!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck.
The two of us exchanged rings and I leaned in, giving Springtrap a big kiss.
"Now this is a happily ever after." I said, holding onto Springtrap and looked out across the mountain tops.
Springtrap tightened his grasp on me. "Yep, it sure is."

The two of us watched as the sun set over the horizon. And I reminisced on all my memories with Springtrap. I never would have thought that an undead serial killer in a animatronic bunny suit would be my Prince Charming, but here we were. The two of us were going to be together forever. Lovers till the very end.