24. 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲, 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵𝘆?

WANDA AND ESZTER RETURNED TO THE HEX AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED. Their attires were back to their regular clothes and playing a part in their '90s-themed episode. Eszter looked down and saw she was wearing her baggy Levis jeans with a cropped muscle shirt, paired with an oversized jean jacket. Eszter's brown hair produced such wild and curly hair; the top half was pulled back into a dark purple scrunchie, with small strands framing her face. The witch glanced at her sneakers, and they were purple and vintage-looking.

Eszter glanced back toward where the Hex was supposed to be--even though it wasn't visible in Westview--she could feel its presence; Eszter looked at Wanda discreetly, wondering if her sister was going to acknowledge the mess she might've caused them. It wasn't certain if Wanda was aware that Eszter had slipped out of the Hex right before she did; after Hayward sent out the drone, the teenager disappeared from their sight and hid. Eszter watched them in the shadows curiously, but when Wanda came out of the Hex, an idea sparked her mind like a lightbulb.

A soft sigh rumbled from Wanda as the woman smiled as she looked at her home, erasing all her previous memories; Wanda cast the confrontation out of her head and carried the show back to normal.

This piqued Eszter's attention; she's been wondering how Wanda was going to react, and by the looks of it, she suspects it'll slide by.

"Today looks like a good day for a walk, don't you think, Essie?" beamed Wanda. She glanced at her little sister with a new persona. "I think the boys and Sparky need to go out more. They've been in the house all day."

Eszter frowns in disappointment. "You're not gonna even talk about what just happened?"

Wanda raises her brows, the smile never failing to leave her face. "What's there to talk about, Essie?"

The younger Maximoff merely observed her big sister with a blank expression, but she managed to camouflage it with the smile that slipped through her lips. If Wanda was going to dismiss the altercation that occurred minutes ago, Eszter was going to do the same; it didn't hurt to let the thought slip through her mind and focus more on the relief of living in peace. Not that it was any different from what Eszter did in the past, the witch could handle it for another couple of years if she had to

Wanda remained in character--a happy soccer mom whose only focus is on her family; the strawberry-haired woman was bubbly and back to her American persona, completely ridding herself of a Sokovian woman. Wanda looks happier than she's ever looked, but Eszter knows her sister better than anyone, and sometimes, Eszter wonders if Wanda is kidding herself.

Nevertheless, Eszter continued to play the part she forced herself into.

"Right," trailed Eszter with a puzzled smile. She jutted her thumb over her shoulder, taking a step back. "I'm just gonna clear my head if that's fine. I can meet up with you guys after?"

Wanda pouted. "Already?" whined the woman. "Where to?"

"I just gotta go meet someone before I go home," said Eszter. "I won't be long."

Eszter half expected Wanda to disagree and not let her go after what just happened, to keep her close with an over-protective sensation, but she was a bit surprised when her sister didn't seem indifferent. Eszter realized Wanda wasn't going to talk about their previous situation, so she shuffled forward and looked at her sister a little better. She didn't know why, but part of Eszter was hoping that Wanda would say something about what occurred; however, the longer she stood there and waited, Eszter knew there wasn't a chance of that happening.

Eszter's expectations were let down like a child discovering Santa isn't real when Wanda merely beamed. "Okay! Just make sure to be home before dinner," Wanda walks away, leaving Eszter a little puzzled. "Have fun with your little date."