CHAPTER 5

May 19th 2021
(2 days later)

5.14pm

Workplace

Madeleine's POV

It's past 5 and the day that I'm moving in. Mr Lombardi helped me take some boxes to his house yesterday so there's not too much to bring today. We were in the car park putting some of the boxes inside our cars. Then he gave me the house address and we both got in our cars and drove off.

I'm so nervous, not only is my boss living with me but other people that I don't know. I had to put my hand on my thigh so it stopped shaking, I tend to do that when I'm worried. It's going to be awkward.

It was hard to keep up with Lorenzo's driving since he has a faster car and drives fast anyway.

6.20pm

After a ton of security and putting my fingerprint and Face ID into the system, we managed to get into the mansion

After a ton of security and putting my fingerprint and Face ID into the system, we managed to get into the mansion. The gates were huge, the mansion was huge and beautiful, it had a lot of dark decor inside.

The outside was already shocking. You could tell he had a ton of money.

"Mr Lombardi this place is huge" I exclaimed.

Now, my family has money, but not this kind of money. Damn.

"Call me Lorenzo" he replied with his thick accent and I just nodded "I'll give you a tour"

My legs are killing me, I've been walking around in heels all day but I didn't want him to know that. I stumbled a little bit as he walked beside me, Lorenzo started to notice and said

"Get on my back"

"No it's ok" I said quickly. Then he glared at me so I did the same and crossed my arms. This continued for a couple minutes.

"Or I can carry you bridal style, it's obvious that your feet hurt" he told me. He was right. Eventually I gave in and let him pick me up, he grabbed my back and bare thighs firmly and I could feel his cold rings which gave me chills. He smelt of tobacco and some type of cologne. It was a nice smell. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He showed me around the place; the foyer, kitchen, pantry, living rooms, bathrooms, his office, the bedrooms, dining room, indoor and outdoor pool and jacuzzi, garage, gym, guest rooms, the garden, basketball court, laundry room and the wine cellar.

We got to one of the living rooms downstairs and I could hear Money Heist playing, I need to finish watching the show. I saw some people in the room so I'm assuming it's the others that live here.