CHAPTER 19

July 2nd 2021
Friday

New York City, USA

Workplace

10am

Lorenzo's POV

"What's my schedule for today Kiara?" sometimes I'm at the office and other times I'm working from home or elsewhere. Today I made sure to come here so I could talk to Madeleine and hopefully reconcile things with her.

I've missed her. Not just her body. Talking to her. Listening to her. Seeing her precious smile, especially on our date.

"You have a meeting in exactly an hour and your father has requested to see you." Kiara read off her tablet.

"Tell my father I'm not here" I retorted.

"He's said that your mother informed him that you're at the office today" Kiara said. I don't have the energy for him today.

"Fine, go and tell the others to prepare for the meeting" I entered my office and sat down on the couch stressed.

All I'm thinking about is winning her back. I know that I'll end up seeing her before she comes over so I need to make sure I look presentable. Not that I don't always presentable.

Just as I was about to make a phone call, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" it's too early for this.

The door opened and quickly shut. In came Chelsea, one of my employees who works in the marketing department.

She was Spanish , straight died blonde hair that reached her waist, dark brown eyes, lips that were only plump due to fillers, pale skin and 5'8.

"Hey papi" she strolled to my desk and sat in front of me. Never in my life have I been called that. "I've missed you"

"Firstly, it's Mr Lombardi to you, secondly, get the fuck off my desk, why are you here?" I spoke in a cold manner.

"Don't you remember that night? I was hoping that it could happen again" she unbuttoned the first two buttons of her blouse attempting to seducing me but it wasn't working.

I pondered back to a few months before meeting Madeleine.

That day I was horny in a club and Chelsea just so happened to be there. We weren't too drunk. I took her to one of the rooms in the club and fucked her.

I honestly forgot about that day.

"That's not happening again" I sternly said. No one can compare to her. Plus if I'm trying to win her back, fucking an employee will only make things worse.

"Why? Are you with that girl that was in the elevator?" she pried with her face full of disgust.

"Who I'm with is none of your business, now get the fuck out and do your job!" I snap at her. She scurries out of the room apologising for wasting my precious time.

"Kiara!" I bellowed. Clearly annoyed. She quickly rushed into my office, putting on her black glasses.

"Don't let that blondie in my office unless I've asked for her" I ordered. She nodded and left the room, closing the door cautiously so that it wouldn't slam shut.