We helped her Die

A/N: So this story starts during 4x03 were Josie and Lizzie help Hope die. Freya is still there but Hope wants her friends to be a part of her last moments.
__

Lizzie sat with her dad in the study after being joined by Josie who had just had a fight with Finch. They were waiting when their was a soft knock on the door. All three looked up to see Freya standing in the doorway. Alaric can I talk with you for a minute?" She asked Alaric nodded for a minute and stepped outside. After a few seconds he came back in looking at his daughters with an expression that both girls couldn't read.

"Dad?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Hope wants you both to..." He bagan but trailed off, "She wants you both with her as she dies." Freya finished. Both girls were a bit shocked hope should be with her family for her last moments. That's why Freya was here wasn't it?

"Why?" Josie asked softly.

"Since Rebekah or the others couldn't make it in time she wants her second family with her."

"I could understand wanting Josie there but why me?" Lizzie asked surprise.

"You could ask her yourself but I think my niece has come to see you as a big sister." Lizzie felt a little guilty, Josie had attempted to be friends with Hope when they were kids and even after the lie that made Lizzie hate her. Lizzie however until recently hated Hope with a vengeance. That all changed after the truth was revealed and Hope helped her bring Josie back from the darkness. It wasn't until then that Lizzie realized she'd been a complete idiot. Even after that Lizzie would continuously bash Landon even though he made Hope happy. Even after all that she was also happy Hope thought of her and Josie as family.

"Let's go." Josie said snapping Lizzie out of her thoughts. The three witches walked upstairs to Hope's room to see the girl standing looking out the window. Fairy lights hanging on the walls cast a soft hue of warm yellow upon Hope's room, far too peaceful and innocent for the storm of dread churning inside her.

"You wanted to see us?" Lizzie asked.

Josie looked at her friend, There shouldn't be any reason for Hope to be scared of death, there shouldn't. She had nineteen long years to come to terms with what she was about to become, Her friend had encountered death a thousand too many times, to the point it was like death himself was always lingering around the next corner, a presence quiet but constant and yet Josie saw fear in her friends eyes. Glancing at Lizzie she could see her sister saw it as well.

'"Hope?"

Startled the auburn haired girl looked up, her eyes shifted abruptly from where she had been staring blankly to face the new intrusion in the room. The twins lingered by the door, looking a little bleary from the late hour, but neither one would sleep tonight even if Hope hadn't asked for them. Never the less both girls were obviously concerned.

Josie supposed that there wasn't really any easy way to have this type of conversation. She wondered if it's too late to chalk her friends request for their presence to just wanting twin cuddles (a term that she and Hope hadn't stopped using, even when twin cuddles began not to involve the other twin). Or maybe Freya had found a another way to beat Malivore that didn't involve her becoming a full Tribrid.

Both sisters could tell It would be so much easier for Hope to just to ask them to stay the night with her, pretend that there wasn't imminent danger lurking outside the school windows, that she didn't have to die, and just fall asleep to their familiar vanilla scent and a steady heartbeats. Sadly that wasn't the case, they could both tell as Hope looked at them. She hadn't called them because her aunt found another way to stop Malivore or because she wanted twin cuddles. So whatever discussion they were about to have wasn't going to be pleasant one.