XXXII | Dress Robes and Masquerade Masks

⤠ ≻  ◈  ≺ ⤟

⤠ ≻ ◈ ≺ ⤟

"You were raised here, right?" Elliot asked as he led them through the snowy town square, looking over at Clementine. "Maybe you could show us around."

          Sebastien smirked, patting Clementine's shoulder. "Yeah, show us around."

          Clementine grunted irritably as he shoved Sebastien away. "I'm not in the mood," he uttered.

          "Is there a tailor around here?" Elliot mumbled, stopping at the edge of the busy town square to look up the street. "Maybe we should ask someone. Excuse me!" he called, hurrying over to a man walking a dalmatian puppy.

          As Mavis and Mathew followed, Clementine seized his chance. Before he could go after them, he snatched Sebastien's wrist and pulled him away.

          "Woah, why so eager?"

          Ignoring him, he dragged him around and behind a billboard. He pushed him, and when his back hit the billboard, Sebastien laughed amusedly, smirking at him.

          "What the hell are you playing at?!" Clementine growled, pointing at his face, tightly gripping his coat's collar with his other hand.

          "I don't know what you're talking about."

          "Stalking me in school is one thing, but out here, too?!"

          "Hey, I didn't follow you out here, I followed you at the academy to the carriage, and you didn't exactly try to throw me out, so."

          "You didn't give me the chance to!"

          "Exactly," he said, grinning.

          "Go away!" he snapped. "We're not friends. You don't get to hang around with me. The only time I want to see you is when we're dealing with Ian!" he growled, keeping his voice hushed.

          Sebastien lost his grin but kept a smile on his face. "We should stick together, period. Ian could be anywhere. I've gotta hang around and protect my little mousey—"

          Clementine smacked his hand away before he could touch his face. "I told you to stop calling me that!"

          "Clementine!" came Elliot's voice.

          "If you don't let me tag along willingly, I'm just gonna do it anyway," Sebastien said, a sterner tone in his voice. "That was the deal. I get to watch you—"

          "You get to watch me get rid of Ian! You don't get to follow me around everywhere I go!"

          "But I want to—"

          "What are you two doing back here?" Elliot asked.

          They both sharply turned their heads and looked at him. Behind him, Mathew and Mavis were gawping.