LV | Kludde

⤠ ≻  ◈  ≺ ⤟

⤠ ≻ ◈ ≺ ⤟

Once he'd dropped Mathew off in his room, Clementine headed across the hall to his own dormitory. Sebastien followed behind him, but no amount of times he said Clementine's name would get him to stop and look at him. Clementine was far too upset. So, he stormed into his dorm—he went to shut the door in Sebastien's face, but Sebastien held out his hand, keeping the door from shutting.

          "I don't want to do this right now," Clementine uttered, heading towards his bedroom.

          "Just let me explain!" Sebastien insisted, distress in his voice.

          Clementine tried to shut his bedroom door, but Sebastien grabbed the handle and barged his way in.

          "Clem, please," he pleaded, staying by the door as Clementine headed over to the window and glared out of it.

          As he exhaled deeply, Clementine closed his eyes and tried to calm down. His thoughts were racing, his heart was aching, and part of him wanted to tell Sebastien to get out and stay out. But the part of him that cared about Sebastien pleaded with his angrier thoughts; there had to be a good reason Sebastien would keep all of this from him, right? At least he hoped there was. Sebastien had let him believe he could trust him; he'd shared a lot with this kid, and knowing Sebastien still had secrets made Clementine not only feel uncomfortable...but also a little betrayed.

          He sighed quietly, looking down at the snow-covered garden outside. When he'd looked through the student files, he'd seen a file with the surname Huxley on it, and he wondered...was Sebastien Professor Huxley's son? He'd seen how casual they were around each other, and he'd also witnessed that smaller winged hound sticking very closely to the one he now knew was Huxley.

          "Is Huxley your dad?" he asked him, still staring outside.

          "He is."

          Clementine scowled in both anger and disappointment. "And you're one of those winged hounds, aren't you?"

          "I am."

          He looked over his shoulder at him. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you lie to my face when I asked you if you knew what those things were?"

          A conflicted frown possessed Sebastien's face. "I couldn't."

          "Why?"

          "Isn't it obvious? If even one person knew what was going on here, it would jeopardize everything."

          Clementine turned to face him and frowned. "Did you think I'd tell the whole academy?"

          Sebastien shook his head. "No, but—"

          "So you thought it would be better to just keep lying to me?"