XXXIV | Names and Faces

⤠ ≻  ◈  ≺ ⤟

⤠ ≻ ◈ ≺ ⤟

The day didn't drag as much as Clementine had thought it might. They had all tried on their ball outfits when they'd returned to the academy and then spent the rest of their lesson-less day preparing the offerings for the ritual in three days' time. Of course, Sebastien had wandered off the moment they'd got back, but that didn't bother Clementine. He had said he'd be coming back tonight, after all.

          He waved goodbye to Mavis, who left his and Elliot's dorm with Mathew. She left them each a slice of the extra loaf of banana bread she'd made using her fae magic and made sure to say goodnight at least half a dozen times before Elliot closed the door.

          And that was that. Tuesday was over.

          Elliot sighed as he slumped down onto the couch. "What a day," he muttered. "At least we have everything ready for All-Hallows' Eve, though."

          Clementine nodded, standing in his bedroom's doorway. "We got more done than I thought we would."

          "It's going to be so fun!" he squealed. "Are you excited?"

          "Sure," he lied.

          "Oh, do you want to look over the offerings with me one last time?"

          With a deep sigh, he shrugged—but before he could answer, a knock came at the door. He wasn't sure whether he felt relief or annoyance, but he was sure he'd know the moment he opened the door.

          He made his way over to it and pulled it open.

          "Hey babe," Sebastien greeted.

          Clementine sighed deeply. "Come on," he mumbled.

          "What's he doing here again?" Elliot questioned, watching as Clementine led Sebastien into their dorm and over to his bedroom door.

          "We gotta discuss some stuff," he answered.

          "What stuff?"

          "Just stuff, Elliot," he groaned. Then, before Elliot could say another word, he closed his bedroom door.

          "He's so nosey," Sebastien complained, placing his backpack on Clementine's desk.

          Rolling his eyes, Clementine leaned against the wall beside his desk. "Let's just get to it," he muttered.

          Sebastien smirked and unzipped his bag.

          Watching him, Clementine frowned strangely. Had he brought something with him?

          "I thought you'd want these," he said, pulling a stack of files from his back, which he then put onto the desk.

          It took one glance for Clementine to recognise their beige colour. "The student files?"