Chapter One

I look around the room I've been hiding in for the past month, simply focusing on the hum of the air in the vents and the murmurs of the commercials playing beyond the door. Once in a while, there's footsteps and a shadow under the door. The strangers just walk past the door, as if it doesn't exist. The door is just locked from the inside while the key has been hidden in the room. Yeah, I remember where it is, I'm not an idiot. 

There's a shadow under the door that doesn't pass by. I don't know what it is, but there's a voice. I can make out some things the shadow says. It sounds like they're having a conversation with themself. 

"What... the door?" 

"I don't know either." 

"Perhaps... in there?" 

"You're right. Let's... going." 

Then, the shadow is gone. It doesn't really sound familiar, but I do recognize it from somewhere. I don't exactly have the greatest memory, but I do remember a few things that don't really match. Mainly a dog and some blood. Like I said, I don't have good memory. Sometimes, I have nightmares about being chased by two adults who always catch me and set my dream self on fire. I don't know why they do that, but I'm scared of them. Another nightmare I've had was of a gigantic dog chasing me through a void, but there's a floor until it runs out. Then, the dog eats me, piece by piece. Needless to say, I'm scared of it too. I don't ever stop running, and it hurts when I move after I stand still, as if something sharp is dug into my chest. 

Of course, like any other moral person, I try to ignore it and focus on the good things I have: a home, nobody that hurts me, and, most importantly, life. 

*****

Word Count: 322 

Don't worry it'll probably be longer next chapter!