Chapter Six

Sorry for not publishing at all this week, school started, and I was world-building a story, just to sum it up. Again, sorry and hope you enjoy the chapter!

*****

I watch Sun playing and talking to the kids in the Daycare below the balcony. He told me that his room is the only safe place for me, since the closet is used and is full of cleaning supplies now. It's dark in here, with the only source of light being the lights in the Daycare. I can't even sit on the balcony; I have to hide no matter what. 

The room is quiet after a few minutes, and the lights turn off. Two bright red eyes float around close to the ceiling, the eyes illuminating the rest of Moon's face in a reddish hue. He looks over at me and flies to the balcony. As soon as he lands, I pounce on him and wrap my arms around his neck. I was lonely the whole day and seeing him made me happy. He almost stumbles off the balcony, but he maintains his balance and giggles. 

"Are you even tired, kiddo?" he whispers. "I didn't see Sun come up here once." 

"He said I'm safe up here!" I respond, trying to keep my voice down so I don't wake up any kids. "And, no, I'm not tired." 

"I can get you some paper so you could draw for the next few hours," he offers, already starting to leave me alone again. "I'll go do that. Stay right here." 

By the time he's up in the air again, I instantly feel bored again. I usually don't feel that way, especially when I'm alone. I'm just not thinking as much as I did yesterday. Something feels off with me. Something is wrong, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's just boredom, making everything feel longer than really it is. 

Even so, I don't think there'd be a tingling in my head and feeling like I'm bleeding in my chest. I do look down and see nothing wrong, but it hurts. It hurts so much it feels like I'm going to die. When Moon comes back, I'm on the floor with my arms around my chest and tears flowing down my face. Thoughts then start pouring through my head. What's happening?  and Am I going to die? 

Moon doesn't waste any time between seeing me and calming me down. He picks me up when I seem like I won't hit him in the face and get out of the Daycare to see if I malfunctioned. My vision is split between what's happening now and blood and corpses my size on the walls and floor. 

*****

Word Count: 455