Chapter Nine

Moon's talking to Sun again. This is the third time I've woke up to them arguing. Moon's just trying not to yell, while also looking like he has a headache. I'm just trying to go back to sleep. Sun has always told me that eavesdropping is wrong, and I don't exactly want to hear about what they have to say. I'm just not exactly interested. 

I slowly fall back to sleep, hearing bits and pieces of Moon's side of the argument. He just tries to stop it, saying things such as "she's fine" and "we still have some work to do". I go back to sleep, dreaming about the bunny lady again. This time, she's leading me somewhere. I just mindlessly follow her until seeing that she's carrying a knife. She then starts plunging the knife over and over and over again, all in random places on my body. It's not mine though, it's a human kid. A little girl. She's a little frail, unable to fight off the woman. 

Everything turns dark, still feeling bleed pour out of my wounds. Then, I wake up. I try to calm down from the nightmare. I have new memories that seem familiar, but they don't have me in them. It's a frail little girl sometimes staring into her reflection for long periods of time before blood flashing across my mind. 

I look around the room, seeing that Moon isn't here anymore. Instead, Sun is sleeping right next to me. He does wake up, instantly noticing that I'm wide-eyed and may have been awake for a while. 

"Did you even sleep?" he asks, yawning before continuing on. "You seem scared, too." 

"I slept," I answer, only saying that. He seems too tired to continue asking if I'm okay. 

*****

Word Count: 298