Chapter Five

I watch Aiden walk out of sight with Vanessa. Sun's happy about the boy being taken back to his parents. I am too, but something seems off. Vanessa doesn't smile often, but she is right now. I just feel a shiver up my spine whenever I see her and that smile. 

"Okay! The coast is clear!" Sun shouts, and I crawl out of the vents. I do fall, but he catches me. He laughs a little. "Be careful, Mallow!" 

Sun puts me down and asks if I'm okay, and I laugh while saying that I'm fine. I still think about Aiden and wonder if he's okay. Sun distracts me, though, and makes sure to keep me busy with Arts and Crafts, Hide and Seek, and Tag. He doesn't mind my questions and does answer. He does also ask me questions of his own, and I try to answer as best as I can. 

After about two and a half hours, Moon is out and walking around the Pizzaplex with me. He didn't want to leave me alone in the Daycare and he has to go patrol the mall, so why not kill two birds with one stone? He keeps a hand around mine, making sure to not hurt me by running or turning a corner unexpectedly. Moon's surprisingly careful despite being in a hurry. He does keep the conversation going by telling me fun facts about space and the Pizzaplex, while I either ask more questions or is quiet. 

We watch the other animatronics walk by while we sneak past them in the shadows. Moon doesn't trust them, unlike Sun, who loves to talk to the animatronics in the band. Moon only really trusts Freddy, since he visits the most. 

Soon, we are back at the Daycare. He suddenly wraps his arms around me and starts flying. I do panic a little but calm down when he lands on the balcony. He lets me go and invites me to sit on the soft couch. I doze off after a few minutes, Moon staying right next to me. 

*****

Word Count: 350