Chapter Thirteen (Final Chapter)

London Bridge is falling down... 

I walk down the dirt-filled hall. There's dirt, dust, and-somehow-soil. I pass bits and pieces of staff bots of all kinds, and some purple limbs and a long ear. Usually, I'd panic about seeing those things, but I don't feel anything about it. I feel numb. 

Falling down, falling down...

I start walking faster and faster, but I don't know why. The mess feels like a blur as I burst into a jog. I can hear the small pit pat pit pat of my feet on the dirty tile floor and my nonexistent breathing. Crying and someone's heartbeat fills my ears and mind before I open the dirty metal door. I have to put in the effort to push it open. 

London Bridge is falling down...

A single bright lightbulb fills the room, the wall appearing dim. There're three computer screens on separate desks, all on one wall of the room. 

My fair Lady...

I look around the room, seeing a large metal grate on the ceiling and a vent in the middle of the wall across from me. There're also two doors on one wall, the same wall as the vent. There must be another way in, since I hear someone's hurried metal footsteps at the right side. Out of a reflex, I push the button next to the door, closing it. I have my feelings back. 

Build it up with iron bars...

The feeling of déjà vu makes me want to explore. However, when I look through the window, I see the white chicken everyone knows and loves. Chica, with her shiny paint and flashy decorations. 

Iron bars, iron bars...

As soon as she leaves, I'm stopped again by the static in my ears. There's something in one of the screens, the middle one. I click the button closest to it and see fire sprout from out the floor, burning the figure. 

Build it up with iron bars...

There's a small creak above me, so I jump for cover under the desk. Tentacles shoot through the small openings in the grate and wriggle around the room, as if it's looking for something. There are quick footsteps on my right, two gray feet soon searching the room as well. 

Iron bars, iron bars...

They do leave, and I have to push another button to burn the strange figure in the left monitor. Only one more to go, I think as I push the button.

Build it up with iron bars...

I keep wishing it would end, and everything starts getting hot. 

My fair Lady...

The small pit pat pit pat beneath me reminds me why I'm running. There's a fire burning. 

Iron bars will bend and break...

I just keep running, everything becoming a blur. 

Bend and break, bend and break...

Screaming echoes from the door as I take the effort to pull it open, just as much effort as it took to push it and more. That screaming sounds like children being tortured. My torture. 

Iron bars will bend and break... 

I do catch a glimpse of the orange and yellow glow, coming closer and closer as I try to get further and further from it. 

My fair Lady...

My mind is only focused on escaping the Pizzaplex until I remember Sun and Moon. I can't just leave them! Maybe we can all leave together!

Build it up with gold and silver...

I start running and running until seeing the Daycare. 

Gold and silver, gold and silver...

I run into the Daycare, go past the two gold statues, and slide down the rainbow slide. 

Build it up with gold and silver...

A small bit of yellow catches my attention, and I run towards it. It's not Sun but spilled glitter glue. 

My fair Lady...

I see Sun run up to me, scared by the fire that has just appeared at the Entrance. He refuses to let go of me, and then the lights go out. 

London Bridge is falling down...

Moon looks down at me. I can hear him sob as the fire gets closer. 

Falling down, falling down...

The fire close in, and he tightens his arms around me. 

London Bridge is falling down...

I feel the heat on my fur. Everything hurts within seconds, but Moon makes me feel a little better. Then, everything is dark, and my senses fail me. Emptiness fills me as I look around the darkness. I don't feel empty when I see a little girl stare at the ground. She looks up and turns her head to look at me when I touch her shoulder. Then, I remember. That girl is me. I see that I'm right above the burning Pizzaplex, the familiar colors of Moon is running away from it. Then, I disappear from the world.

My fair Lady

*****

Word Count: 784