Comforting Smell of Blood

I hear crashing coming form down stairs and my father, "You bitch get out of my way." My sister lets out a pained shriek and and I hear a thud. I push my back against the the back of the cabinet of that I'm sandwiched between the wall and the pipes of the sink.

Rapid thudding is heard as my father yells out again, "You pathetic waste of DNA quit fucking hiding." Now daddy I'm not that dumb.

I was was to absorbed in my own thoughts that I didn't sense or hear the skeletons approach. My eyes snap open as my soul appears around my neck. During the time I've been out here the sky has been completely covered in dark storm clouds. I look over to the tree line in time to see the huge canine, with blue fire as a mane and tail with paws on fire, leading the group my way.  The blue flames giving off an eerie glow. So, I dropped the knife again. Figures that they would find a way to track me by using it.

I stare the group down as they come closer to me. Before they get to close I struggle to my feet and lean against the tree in order to stay standing. But, as soon as I make it to feet my soul is in cased in a layer of blue making it so I'm unable to physically move.  So much for neutral's loyal companion huh? Koro is the one who gave us away.

My legs give out and the skeletons holding me allow to change positions. Due to this I slide down the tree into a sitting position. My soul is still blue so I can't out of this new position even if I wished to. Once they reach my tree they form a lose circle around the tree roots I'm sitting in. Sans is the first one to speak his blue eye glowing bright, "Kiddo, eye didn't expect you to disappear like that." I can't find it in me to smile at his pun and for once no one groaned either.

It starts raining a little. Since I don't respond the sound of the raindrops hitting the ground and the sizzle of the drops hitting Koro's fire fills the silence. I look at them but don't really see them. I give a half hearted struggle before giving in I don't have enough energy to fight. I can hear all of them talking but my mind wasn't registering what they were saying. I allow my eyes to drift shut for a moment. "Horror you should be the one to hold her so we don't lose her again."

It's not long before I feel the ground fall from beneath me. My with more effort than it should've taken I open my eyes to find myself surrounded by a dark gray aura and floating off the ground. Against my will I find my body floating towards them or more specifically towards Horror. He seems to be a good six inches taller than the others. I should try to struggle. I try to strain against the invisible hold but my body remains limp.  Once I'm close enough and cradles me in his arms. It's warm. As my eyes drift shut once again. Right before I fully lose conciseness I hear one of them say, "Rest, we will talk about this more then you wake." Why, why is his acting this way?

Time skip: About three hours
(Since it's been a while bold is a flash back)

I wake to the comforting smell of something metallic. I jerk awake to the of a single broken sob. Rubbing my eyes I turn to look at my alarm. I blink at the clock allowing my eyes to adjust to the red light. 3 am... what would being making noise at 3 am? Just as I close my eyes I hear the sob one more time. I climb out to investigate the source of the sound. I quietly walk down the hallway, flinching when the floor boards creaks under me. I pause for a moment hoping, possibly even praying that the sound didn't wake him up. Luckily I hear nothing but the quite hiccups coming from further down the hall.

I mange to trace the sound down the hall to the bathroom. A thin strip of light shines through the cracked door causes an L shaped on the floor and wall. I creep up to the door and peer into the bathroom. My sister is sitting on the toilet with the lid closed. Her faded purple sleeves are pushed up to her elbows and in a her left hand I see a glint of something metal. I bite my lip as my sister presses the rusty metal to an unharmed piece of flesh. With a quick motion she forms a line diagonally. She draws with silver and watches it turn red. Her sobs stop as she watches the blood swell up. She just stares at it with her shoulders shaking.