Chapter 1

Allesandra's POV

Have you ever had a feeling that you are so lonely? Even after having a family and friends, there is a feeling of emptiness. There are moments in life when you're not living in present,past or future but it's like you're stuck somewhere in void and there's no escape. I get this feeling quite often. I feel like there's no fight left in me.

I love sketching. It temporarily makes me forget about all my worries. It's like a medium of escape for me. Sometimes I wish I could never come out of it. I want to explore so much in life but I'm afraid. I had dreams, ambitions and goals in my life that are yet to be chased but now all my goals are wishes and a goal without a plan always remains a wish.

I'm Allesandra. I'm 24 and I'm from Italy. I am a fashion designer. I love my family because they have always been supportive of my decisions. When I was 16 our business faced a huge loss. My dad used to be very stressed. So he ended up taking a huge amount of loan from Vincent Mancini a very powerful Don of that time. Rumors were that he killed his own wife. We had no other option but to ask him for help as he was the only one who could give us a huge amount of money in a very short period of time.

We were able to repay the money before time and our business got back to normal but Vincent's son Leonardo Mancini took a strange liking towards me and since then I'm his Obsession. He makes me feel how weak I am. He has his twisted way of loving me. He is bipolar. He raped me when I was 19. His dad knows it all but supports his son instead. My parents know it all but we can't do a thing about it. The entire police department is under his control. If I run away, he will kill my family. If I run away with my family, he will find us within a snap of fingers. I'm helpless.

"Sandy wake up" I hear my mom calling me from downstairs.

"Mom I'm up " I say.

But as usual there's no reply. It's as if all mom's have decided to not praise their children for waking up early.

The weather today is cold so I decided to wear this outfit

I take a final look at the mirror and head downstairs.

"GOOD MORNING MOM!!! " I shout in her ear and start laughing after seeing her reaction.

"Oh! Dios mio!! I can't with this girl ".She says giving me an ugly look.

A smile breaks on my face just by looking at her.

"See I made you pancakes today ".

"Thanks mom " I hug her and give a quick peck on her forehead.

Dad has gone on a business trip and won't be back until next week. My dad had to take permission from Leonardo in order to go on a business trip. At first he did not agree and said that it's a plan to run away but after he did his investigation he allowed my father to go on the trip. That's how our life is now. One debt from Mancini's has cost us our lives.

"Why aren't you eating? "mom asked.

"Oh! I zoned out " I said .

"Is Leonardo going to be there? "mom asked .

That name. His name is enough to make me shiver in fear. He treats me like a toy. I'm so afraid of him. But I can't show this fear to my parents. I have to be strong for them. I'm just waiting for the right time to escape from him but even I know that it's never gonna happen. My family's life is in my hands.

"Mom d...don't worry okay? It's alright. I'll be alright. "
My heart rate is increasing. All the memories of him forcing himself on me, killing people mercilessely in front of me and being abusive towards me comes back in my mind. Yesterday he killed a guy right in front of my house. He knew  that I was looking from my bedrooms window. After killing him brutally he looked towards my bedroom and winked at me. As I was about to go to sleep he sent me a message that he will be visiting my Company and expected me to be there on time. It's funny how I'm the boss but he orders me around like a mere employee. But at the end of the day, our lives are in his hands.

"I'm just scared Sandy" mom says.

"Mom please don't be. You know that I'm strong and we'll find a solution. " I said not sounding sure myself.

"OK mom I'll go now. I'm getting late. " I quickly kiss her forehead and steal a strawberry from her plate.

"Bye Sandy ".