Chapter 15

Happy Independence Day India. 💛

Allesandra's Pov

Leonardo did not let me talk to my dad much. I don't really understand what dad said and what is Leonardo gonna ask me? Leonardo and I are standing on the stage and everybody's attention is on us. Leonardo approaches towards me and pulls me in a hug.

"I dare you Allesandra. If your answer turns out to be a "no" then your mom and dad are dead. If you can see clearly my guards are standing right behind your parents. Say no and they will not even think twice before shooting them." He says and bends down on one knee.

"Allesandra Castillo, I fell in love with you the moment I laid my eyes on you. I cannot imagine my life without you. I will love you forever angel. Will you marry me?" He said smiling widely. The crowd starts cheering and shouting 'Say yes'. Finally the day has come when he proposed me in front of everybody and now it's official. But I'm so broken right now. Some people might think that I'm crying because of happiness but I'm actually crying because I will have to marry him which is my biggest nightmare. I stood dumbfounded.

He tightens his grip on my hands on not receiving an answer. The crowd stops cheering on noticing that I haven't replied yet. Leonardo raises his eyebrow and looks at my parents. I follow his gaze and see that my mom and dad have guns pointed on their head. My dad shakes his head and tells me to say no. But I can't do this to them. They are my parents after all.

"Yes I will marry you." I speak quickly. The crowd cheers again. He gets up and kisses me passionately on my lips. But this was not enough he had another announcement to make.

"The marriage is tomorrow." These words hit me like a knife piercing my heart. I looked at Marco, he looked so sad. Leonardo keeps kissing me every minute but my eyes are focused on my parents who are forced to leave because they have no right to talk to me now as Leonardo made a contract in which he made my parents sign that I will be kept safe but my parents can no longer see me after he proposes me. They cannot even attend my wedding.

They say marriage is the starting of a new life. But I think I was already dead the moment he met me. Every girl wishes to marry someone who will provide her with all the care and love. I wanted to get married when I was young. I had everything planned out as well but now all my dreams and hopes are dashed in the dirt. From tomorrow onwards I will be known as Allesandra Mancini. The thought itself disgusts me. This man will never let me live in peace. This is probably my last night as a Castillo. I want to cherish every moment that I have.

Leonardo is drunk to such a level that he can't even stand still. People are partying like insane. I'm sitting alone. Right opposite to me is the bar where I can see all the Mancini's and their gang members having a drinking competition. It's probably going to be a wild night. I'm getting tired and want to go to sleep.

"Allesandra! Finally I will have a daughter in the family. " Says Vincent.

I simply look at him and give him a fake smile. He thinks of me as his daughter. But I will never call him my dad because if I do so then it will be a disrespect to my dad.

"I see you don't look too happy with this marriage thing. But do not think of eloping tonight. I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just thinking of your good because I believe that you don't have a death wish too early." He pats my hair and kisses my forehead.

"Um is my presence really required? I'm so tired right now." I dared to ask Vincent.

"Oh! You can rest child. Of course you have to get your beauty sleep for tomorrow." He says. Beauty sleep my foot.

"Please tell Leonardo or he will be mad at me." I request him.

"Don't worry child I came here because Leo asked me to tell you to go upstairs and sleep." He says smiling at me. Thank God. With that I start heading towards Leonardo's room. I quickly get into the shower and just think about my life right now. It's just been two days here in Mancini Mansion and things have been like a roller coaster ride to me. From tomorrow this will become my permanent home. The hot shower is really relaxing and soothing. I quickly get into my night outfit.

My outfit

It's already 11:56pm

It's already 11:56pm. I think Leonardo will be back in a few minutes. Then I suddenly remembered that Marco had asked me to meet him during midnight. Just great. Now I have to make sure I don't fall asleep because if I do then there's no way in hell that I will be able to wake up during midnight.

I heard footsteps. Leonardo is back. He is singing a song very loudly. He is too happy about our marriage and he is very drunk as well. I quickly lay down and pretend that I'm sleeping. He opens the door and comes to my side of the bed. He does not care to take off his shoes and literally jumps on me. I can feel him smiling and staring at me. This is really getting awkward. In no time Leonardo has fallen asleep. His head is lying on my chest and he is hugging me so tight. This would have been so romantic if we were in love. I sigh. Love? Is that even a part of my life?

Suddenly I heard my phone pop with a message. It was from Marco. 'Come quickly.' I slowly get out from Leonardo's grip and rush towards Marco's room. My heart is beating rapidly. I wonder what he is up to.

I quickly get inside his room. On seeing me he gives me a tight hug. Thank God he's sober.

"Listen Allesandra I'll be quick enough to tell you that you have to run away tonight. You can't marry him. Not because I do not want you to marry him but because your life will become a living hell if you marry him." He says.

"Did you call me to tell me this? Are you stupid? If I could run away then I would have done that without you telling me." I say feeling annoyed.

"I know Fatty. You were afraid to run away because of your parents but what if I tell you that your parents are now safe? " He asks. I looked at him confused.

"Fatty I too am a Mancini. I have powers as well. Leonardo might be the most powerful, strong blah blah blah. But I have a reputation too. I have helped your parents to escape to one of my safehouses that nobody knows of except me. Now you have nothing to worry about. You can run away tonight. Nobody will know where you and your parents went. I promise you that you will have my protection for lifetime." He says.

I have my eyes filled with tears. I quickly hug him. "I will always be grateful to you Marco." I felt that finally there is a ray of hope for me. Finally God felt pity on me. "Be quick fatty, just run away. You will find Henry one street away from the new cafe that's opened recently. Always remember that 'I love you and will always love you. Just go it's now or never." He says with tears dwelling in his eyes.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Don't worry Fatty. Even if they know that I helped you escape they might kill me but if they do then the secret of your hideout remains with me." I look at him one last time before going. The guards and security is under Marco's control for tonight which is why there is no security near the gates. I can't believe that I'm finally free tonight.

Third person Pov

"I can even chuck you out of this house."

"If he can do anything to me he can also do anything for me."

Martha felt really insulted and embarrassed when Allesandra said these words to her. How dare she? Allesandra will pay. With that thought in mind she stopped recording Marco's and Allesandra's conversation. An evil smile spread on her face. Now she will show this to Leonardo and Vincent in the morning. Poor Marco will be in so much trouble. She couldn't help but laugh. Wait and watch Allesandra.