Hands-On Experience [Charlie Weasley]

Before we start, I have two announcements:

First, I will be taking a one-week hiatus to focus on my mental health. This means the next update should be around August 24th.

Second, I have launched a demographic survey. There is only one mandatory question with is merely stating preference in chapter length; the rest are optional. If you can spare a few minutes to take a look, it could impact Sequentia's future a lot! 

https://bit.ly/3Pamlrd (Link to Google Forms)

Charlie Weasley x Reader

[Theme: Adult]

Dragons are incredible and fascinating creatures. Ever since I was a little girl, I knew I wanted to work with them and study them professionally. Many people told me I was crazy- dragons aren't toys! They're dangerous and terrifying, how can someone feel relaxed in their presence? I had never met a dragon in person but something about them gave me peace. 

During my final years at Hogwarts, Professor McGonagall brought me into contact with a boy who worked in the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary by the name of Charlie Weasley. He taught me many interesting facts about dragons in practicality through letters and the ones that he was working with. It had been a long time since we started being in contact and receiving his letters was the best part of any day. Truthfully, I had grown fond of him. 

Then, one faithful day, a letter from Charlie came with the news I could never expect. I had spoken to Charlie with the idea of writing a book about everything wizards know about dragons but told him I would be unable to do much without experience. Apparently, with some messing around with schedules and planning, Charlie managed to convince the owner of the sanctuary to hire me as an assistant while I do my work which involved writing a book of kinds.  

I was beyond excited and could hardly believe it. Not only would I be able to meet dragons but I could work with them and study them properly! And... I'd get to meet Charlie for the first time. The trip was overall pleasant and I couldn't stop shaking. When the sanctuary came into view, I thought I would explode. The very first dragon roar that echoed over the valley brought everything up tenfold. 

Checking in at reception, I was handed my work lanyard and a pair of dragonhide gloves. There was still a tag that read 'Perfect for avoiding all kinds of burns- including those from dragons!'. 

I turned to leave through the door and almost smacked face-first into a stock and very freckled man. The force was of such strength that I barely kept my footing, but his grabbing my wrist helped. 

"Sorry about that!" he exclaimed and made sure I was unharmed. "Wasn't paying attention to where I was- hold on." His brain whirred as he processed my appearance and it struck true as his mouth opened in realisation, "Are you Y/N?"

A smile invaded, "That's me! You must be Charlie!" He looked slightly different than I expected but was no less attractive. Like all Weasleys, his signature ginger hair was strong and proud. 

"It's good to meet you finally. It must be, what, nine years since McGonagall put us into contact?" he replied and readjusted his vest after it had been knocked down his arm. 

"Ten years tomorrow, actually. Merlin, this feels kind of like a dream. I mean, you work with actual dragons?" My tone was becoming faster and more charged as everything sank in. 

Charlie pat a hand on my shoulder a couple of times and pulled me outside into the fresh air. Although many of the enclosures were encompassed by the thickets of tall bushy trees and rocks, it was possible to hear the beating of wings and the occasional head pop up.