Chapter 18 Don't Stop Beating

3rd POV

"Nee-chan!" Rena shouted. She started running towards Y/n.

"Wait! Rena!" Reze shouted as she grabbed Rena.

"He's there! He's right there!" Rena shouted as she tried to break away from Reze grasp.

Y/n stayed silent, which isn't something Y/n would do.

Suddenly all around them, rotting hands began bursting out of the ground. Bodies of the deceased began crawling out from their graves and lurching towards them.

Denji raised her hands and then plunged them into the ground. There was a loud crack as the ground behind them burst upwards, sending Devil Hunters and Zombies go flying.

Denji threw the giant piece of land at Makima but the Katana Man and Sword Man destroyed it before contact but Denji was waiting for them behind to chop them up into pieces.

While he was distracted, Spear Man tried to sneak up on him but was intercepted by Power who summoned a blood axe and sliced him in two. Whip Woman tried to attack her but Denji caught her and cut her to bloody ribbons.

As they landed back on the ground Quanxi in her Bow Devil form shot at them as the hoard of zombies stampede towards them.

There was a massive explosion behind them and Reze, now her Bomb Devil form shot past them like a rocket and burnt up the zombies in an instant while holding Rena close to her chest.

Flamethrower Man aimed and was about to fire but before he could a spark flew at him and exploded right in front of him. Reze shot at him and grabbed his face and then set multiple explosions, his head flying away as a trail of blood followed it.

Denji ran at Quanxi and the two collided. Quanxi stabbed him in the stomach as Denji lobbed off her head.

Makima just watched on as the bloodshed continued, "Go get them Y/n."

There was a loud boom and the air itself quaked as Y/n appeared in front of Reze, his hand raised above his head. He swung and struck Reze on the head, planting her on the ground as Reze's grip on Rena tightened.

Power ran at him, blood axe in hand but with a glance, her axe dried up in her hand. While Power was shocked Y/n was already in front of her, punching her in the jaw and sending it twisting to the side of her head.

As Power fell to the floor Rena who had wiggled out of Reze's grasp carefully walked over to him, "Y/n?"

Y/n looked down at her, Rena grabbed his pant leg, "Please... stop." she whimpered as she tugged on his leg, "Let's go back home together, please!" she cried as tears spilled from her eyes.

Y/n slowly raised his hand. He paused. His hand was trembling as he looked down at the little Devil girl crying into his pant leg. He slowly lowered his hand. He reached out and patted Rena on the head. She looked up at him with tear-stained eyes. He knelt down and whispered something into her ear. Rena let out a wet sob as she hugged Y/n. Y/n was still then he slowly hugged her back. They like this for a few moments, like there was nothing else in the world, just the two of them. He eventually let go and stood up and started walking away. He paused and turned around.

 He paused and turned around