Part 2 Chapter 4 Now Acquainted

3rd POV

Asa kept sneaking glances at the girl walking in front of her. They had dropped off Yuko at the hospital and they were nice enough to give Reze some spare clothes so she wouldn't have to walk home half naked.

Asa kept thinking back to what she saw earlier, that weird thing that Reze turned into. While she was having an internal panic attack, Yoru was staring at Reze with her arms folded.

"Hey."

Asa flinched as Reze looked over her shoulder at her, "You're not planning on telling anyone what you saw today right?"

Asa frantically shook her head.

Reze let out a small sigh, "Good."

They continued to walk in silence.

"You want to stop at my house?"

"Huh?"

She stared at Reze for a moment.

"My house is pretty close from here."

Asa just stared at her for a second.

"Well?"

"Um, s-s-sure... Why not." Asa stuttered.

"Follow me." Reze said.

The two girls walked down the street as a crow cawed overhead, signaling the day was ending.

They reached an apartment complex. Asa nervously followed Reze as she went into one the apartments and climbed up the stairs.

She couldn't imagine what kind of people Reze lived with. She kept telling herself that maybe they were nice people and not as scary as Reze.

Reze walked down the hallway and reached a door. She took her knife and jammed it into cracks in the bricks and pulled one out, revealing a key.

"Why are you hiding a key there?" Asa asked her.

"Because I kept blowing up my keys when I carried them around." Reze said as she place the brick back into place and unlocked the door.

"I'm home!" she announced as she opened the door and walked into the apartment with Asa trailing behind her.

They walked into the living room to see a little girl sitting on the couch wearing ear muffs for some reason.

(Here's your daily dose of Rena. You're welcome)

Reze walked over to the girl, "Rena."

 The girl named Rena noticed her and her face lit up.

"Nee-chan!!" Rena shouted as she leaped towards Reze who caught her in her arms. She smiled a smile that could melt even the coldest of hearts. Asa had to admit she was very cute.

"Why were you sitting here with earmuffs?" Reze asked.

"What?"

She pulled off the earmuff from Rena's ears, "Why were you wearing earmuffs?"