Chapter 4

New arrival
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Dear diary,

Stuff has been different lately and Cherry is starting to think that there is people with abilities like us. I doubt it.

I mean, it's not like I haven't considered it. Just it seems unlikely now. We've been here for two whole years, if there was I think we would of noticed. But then again, keeping any physically seen power hidden is common sense.

Well on another note, those two kids -teenagers as Cherry said- are stil on my mind. What were they doing here? Was the major question. No one is ever there, and I didn't get to retrieve my jars.

Well life hasn't been easy, just go with the flow and hope to never screw up. Easier said than done.

Sincerely,
Taylor Waters (Arika)
Elemental

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
I got up and did the usual. Fix my hair and left it out to put it on one side, got dressed in simple jeans and a random shirt. I put on my boots and put on light makeup. Then grabbed my purple jacket w/ hood and when I went to grab my bracelet and necklace, I remembered the Reflector Cherry gave me yesterday. What's there to lose, I thought and grabbed my 'J' bracelet and the Reflector; leaving my usual 'Taylor' necklace behind.

I was about to go to knock on Cherrys door but I heard a crash downstairs. I quickly turned around and sped downstairs and faced.... nothing. I looked around and nothing was in the floor and everything looked in the right spot. Weird.

I felt something warm on my chest and looked down to see the Reflector glowing. Magic. I didn't understand. A few seconds later it stopped and I looked up to see there was a vase broken near the door. That wasn't there when I first came downstairs.

I went over to the broken pieces and looked at them. I turned around to see Cherry standing behind me looking at the broken vase.

"How did that happen?" She asked

"You heard the bang right?" I said and she nodded, "Well I came down here and everything was fine, then the Reflector started glowing a-"

"I told you it will come in handy!" Cherry interrupted excitedly

"Shut it and let me finish" I snapped and she shut her mouth

"As I was saying, everything was fine then the Reflector glowed. I was staring at it then it stopped and when I looked up I saw the vase broken on the floor" I finished

Cherry looked confused and I didn't blame her. Who would enter OUR house at 8am and break a vase and I didn't notice it till the Reflector finished glowing. How did we go from being always hidden to seeing people interrupt Power Practice and sneak into our house.

"Well, um, thats.... weird" Cherry finally said

"Yes it is" I replied

Cherry looked back up at me, "You said that everything was good then you first came down then the Reflector glowed and thats when you saw what caused the crash?"

"Yes but we don't know if this vase was the crash" I said

"But you never heard the vase crash, the only noise was the crash you heard from upstairs correct?" She questioned

"Yes"

"And the Reflectors are suppose to get rid of magic that isn't ours yes?" She said raising an eyebrow

"Yeah bu-" I got interrupted again

"So it's obvious!" Cherry exclaimed, "The Reflector got rid of the magic that was hiding the broken vase so that means someone with abilities was in our house! I was right!"