Chapter 9

Meeting Up? I Don't Know...
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Dear Diary,

Todays the day Dawn wanted to meet up. I think I should go but...
Ugh, trust issues.
Do I want to go? Errm, I don't know.

Sincerely,
Taylor Waters (Arika)
Elemental

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"So have you decided?" Cherry asked

It's currently mid-day and the meet up with Dawn and Peter is rearing its ugly head. Cherry said, and I quote, 'Only going to see their abilities' which made me roll my eyes.

I want to go and find out more, but I don't want it to be for nothing. I know, I know, we have powers, they have powers. Whats the worst thing that could happen? Well... a lot of things.

Maybe I should just go, ugh decisions, decisions.

"Come on Taylor! Let's just go," Cherry exclaimed, "We can deal with the consequences; if there is any, later"

I nodded, "I guess..."

Cherry jumped off the couch and clapped her hands, "Okay now let's get ready"

I sighed and got off the couch and went to my room. I quickly plated my hair down my back and left two side bangs to curve around my face then went over to my closet.

I grabbed some black leather tights, a black tank top and my crop leather jacket and put them on. I then put on my black leather high top shoes but then heard a crash from downstairs.

"Night Lurkers" Cherrys voice rang

I quickly but quietly rushed downstairs to see the problem. We haven't gotten a Night Lurker attack in forever.

When I got there I saw... nothing. What the hell? Being snuck up on isn't an option so I spiked my hearing. Light footsteps but too deep to be Cherrys. Objects being passed around. Muffled voice... Cherry.

I concentrated on my control of Air. I wanted to make a small disc of Air thats strong enough to lift me off the ground but not allowing it to 'touch' and objects around me.

I hovered over down the hallway till i got to the spare room me and Cherry had used for, well, nothing. Inside was about 5 buff men that definitely work for the Night Lukers. They were dressed in black cargo pants that had the colour Colbalt (type of blue) on the waistband of the pants and it had a dripping effect that went approximately to the knees; with a few spatters at the end. The girls at Night Lurkers had nearly the same thing but we had tight stretchy tracks and the dripping colour was Crimson (type of red). The shirt was a plain black fitted tee and the colour for your gender as the letters 'NL'  that are over your heart.

Now you're probably thinking 'If you guys are Night Lurkers how do you lurk in the night with such bright colours on your pants' well, wherever the colour is, is quite dim. Thats because the colour glows. On command of course. When the light is off, its quite dim that it blends with the rest of the clothing while when its on, it stands out.

Anyway, the next thing I noticed in the room was Cherry. Bound and gaged and looking drunk. They must have her some drug to make her stop. These people from the Night Lurkers had to be informed about our abilities.

It took me a while to realise that one of the assasins are gone. Suddenly I felt a gun barrel at the back of my head. Well shit, I thought.

"Well look who came to the rescue"

He placed a firm hand on my shoulder and nudged me to get up then pushed me forward. I walked into the room where Cherry was most likely knocked out and the four men glaring at me. I kept a blank expression as if uninterested, but really, I am figuring out how to get these idiots out of my house.