005: forbidden fruit

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER FIVE OF TWENTY

❝ FORBIDDEN FRUIT ❞ 

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

THE SHEER DISAPPOINTMENT (NAME) FELT WHEN SHE'D AWOKEN THE MORNING AFTER WAS UNDENIABLE. She'd shot up in bed, waking up to the dull-looking bedroom. She'd groaned in disappointment. It was a nice dream, she'd thought, or was it? Leela was barking to be let out. It motivated her to get on with her day.

Eric had been more distant that following morning. The husband and wife met in the kitchen, whilst (Name) recalled the strange dream she'd had that night. "...It was incredibly real, Ricky," (Name) exclaimed, waving her hands about like an excited child, "Only...you weren't you...you were my other husband and you called yourself Eros,".

"Buttons for eyes, huh?" Eric boredly replied, filling up his mug with instant coffee, "(Nickname), I'm sure that you only dreamed that you ate all that (favourite meal). Take your multi-vitamin at least if you won't touch the toast...".

"That's not all, Ricky," she continued, after swallowing the multi-vitamin, "You wore sweater vests...a tangerine-coloured one to specific and you wore those fancy leather shoes...like the ones you wore to our wedding!".

Eric rolled his eyes. "Christ on a bicycle, (Nickname), are you sure you're not smoking drugs?" he questioned, "I'd be caught dead in a sweater vest. Let alone a tangerine-coloured one. Dream me has no sense of style. And those shoes. They're pinchy. And there's a reason I've not worn them since our wedding,".

(Name) took a bite of toast before swallowing it. "Anyways, maybe those actresses downstairs or the loony upstairs would love to hear about your weird dream," Eric said, brushing off (Name)'s dream, "Also buttons for eyes? That's given me a good idea for a story...also maybe you should get me some of the magic lotion stuff. It might help get rid of my writer's block,".

⁕⁕⁕

He'd locked himself away in his study. All she heard was aggressive typing from the other side of the door. She sighed, adjusting the powder-blue blanket that acted like a cloak in the exodus of the winter. Spring was right around the corner. She'd ordered some tulips to plant around the garden.

(Name) found herself outside, sipping tea on the porch, as Leela barked at the birds in the nearby, sparse trees. A loud meow brought (Name) out of her trance, noticing the approaching cat with his matted black fur. Wybie followed suit, giving her a wave. "Good morrow," (Name) greeted, "How may I helpeth thou?".

Wybie let out a chuckle. "He really is drawn to this place..." Wybie mentioned, gesturing to the unnamed cat, who meowed at Leela, who barked in response. It was like they were having a conversation, "I wonder why. I've never been inside myself...".

(Name) raised an eyebrow. "Never?" she repeated, as Wybie nodded, "Why on Earth not? I'd imagined you'd've been inside this place a load of times, given your grandad owns the house...".

Wybie shrugged. "Nah," he corrected, "Grandpa doesn't want me inside the house. Says I'm forbidden...or something like that. I've asked why, of course, and he said that...well, back in the '50s...my grandma disappeared,".