ALTERNATE ENDING #2

WHAT IF "FAIRYTALE" ENDED LIKE THIS? (a.k.a the original ending lmao)

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

3RD PERSON POV. THE PINK PALACE APARTMENTS, ASHLAND, OREGON, USA

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

TWO MONTHS LATER, IN THE JUNE OF 2009, THE RESIDENTS OF THE PINK PALACE APARTMENTS all worked together to plant the dozens of red tulips ordered by (Name). She picked up a tray of homemade pink lemonade with a dash of vodka in them and ice rattling around in the cups with straws bobbing around in the pink liquid.

She firstly approached Mrs Spink and Forcible, who were set up at a table below the steps with Angus, Hamish and Jock. Empty plant cartons were stacked nearby with a myriad of garden tools and empty bags of peat moss. "Thanks for helping out, April, Miriam," (Name) said, offering them drinks.

"Oh, look, April!" Mrs Forcible proclaimed, picking up a glass of pink lemonade, "Pink Ladies!".

"Nope," (Name) smiled, "Just lemonade. With a dash of vodka. Don't tell Eric, he'll have a fit,".

The women laughed at the joke. (Name) handed Miss Spink a drink, looking at Angus, who looked a lot healthier, but still wore his knitted angel wings "How's Angus doing?" she asked.

Miss Spink sighed happily. "Oh, much better, dearie," she informed, "But he can't duck his wings forever!".

(Name) smiled at the Scottie dog, who was happily chewing on a piece of cheese pizza. She walked up the stairs, to find Eric completely freaking out. He wore at least two pairs of gloves, while gingerly planting some tulips. "Ricky! Don't be dramatic!" (Name) joked, "It's not the plague,".

Eric gave his wife a tight-lipped smile. "Is that lemonade?" Eric asked, snatching up a glass from the tray, "Thank the Lord! I'm fucking dying out here, love,". (Name) laughed as Eric drank down the alcohol-infused lemonade.

He gave his wife a sceptical look. "And you were right, (Nickname)," Eric said, dirt down the front of his old khaki shorts that he'd brought as a joke, "I really, really despise dirt! But...the tulips look lovely,".

She stepped onto the dirt, kissing his cheek, before going over to Eric's older sister, Naomi, who was hard at work. "I gotta hand it to you, (Nickname)," Naomi mentioned, voice adorned with her thick Welsh accent, "The tulips look bloody wonderful! Mum and Dad will love these when they come for the summer!".

(Name) smiled. "Thanks, Omi" she smiled, handing Naomi a drink of pink lemonade, "It means a lot to Eric that you're here. Me too. And I do hope Dave and Grace love them when they come here in August,".

They were pulled from their conversation, hearing thick muttering in Russian from where the pond used to be. Mr Bobinsky was stealthily planted beets instead of the red tulips, which were dumped in a pile behind him. (Name) cleared her throat, catching the blue-skinned man's attention. He hid the large sack of beets behind his back.

"How are the mooshkas, Mr B?" she called down into the former pond.

Mr Bobinsky stood up. (Name) handed him a drink. "Zey tell me, you are saviour, (Name)," he mused, "And, as soon as zey are ready, zey vish to give special tenks-you performance. Zey also tell me you and your husband are expecting a new family member soon,".

She shushed him, laughing. "I only took the test this morning!" she warned playfully, "I'm telling Eric tonight, he'll be so happy!".

She was cut off by a familiar, baritone voice. "Wyborne, Charlotte! I know where I'm going!" the voice of Mr Lovat pierced the air, "I used to live here! I own this house!".

Mr Lovat was guided into the garden, through the gates, with his adult grandchildren. (Name) approached the Lovat party of three, with a tray of four remaining drinks in her hands. "Welcome, Mr Lovat!" (Name) greeted happily.

"Oh, hello!" the older man said, looking up at the younger woman, and giving her a friendly, welcoming smile. Wybie and Charlotte also greeted her with a keen smile.

"I'm (Name) Melrose," she introduced, "And I've got so much to tell you!".

⁕⁕⁕

LATER THAT EVENING, Eric was in the bedroom, smoothing down his pyjamas. Two months after (Name)'s defeat of The Incubus, Eric was still blissfully unaware of what had happened. (Name) walked into the room to find her husband standing and smoothing down his dark green pyjama shirt. "Is everything alright, love?" Eric asked.

(Name) had her hands behind her back, smiling happily. She approached him, looking into his eyes. She pressed a kiss to his lips. "Close your eyes," she instructed. Eric closed his eyes slowly, "Hold out your hands,". Reluctantly, Eric held out his hands. (Name) placed the white stick into his hands, which had two pink lines on it.

"Can I open my eyes now?" Eric asked, "I'm getting very suspicious, dear,".

Eric opened his eyes. His head titled downwards, eyes glancing down at the test in his hands. His eyes began to well up with tears as a happy laugh escaped his lips. "No way!" he cheered, "No bloody way!". (Name), with tears blossoming in her eyes, nodded feverishly.

"I'm pregnant," she said, through tears of joy, waving the second plastic stick in her hand. Eric was quick to embrace her in a hug. Her back faced the mirror, which sat in the corner of their room.

Eric's body faced the mirror. He smirked wickedly. He glanced at his own reflection, revealing the pair of daunting, black buttons, freshly sewn, in the reflective gaze of the mirror. His reattached clawed hand was gripping (Name)'s back. Eric, or rather, Eros...smiled at his victory. She was his. Forever. Now...she was attached to him. Forever. Eric was trapped behind the mirror, silently and mutely, screaming and thrashing behind the glass, hands pounding against the glass fleetingly.

Eros smiled evilly at him. Everything had gone according to plan. All so perfectly. He revelled in his victory. He'd replaced his doppelganger, trapping him behind the mirror in the bedroom. He smiled a final time, glancing over at the two animals standing on all fours, the red-furred pomeranian and the black cat, in the doorway, looking terrified. The beast had claimed his victory.

He'd won.