007: false idols

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER SEVEN OF TWENTY

❝ FALSE IDOLS ❞

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

THE MELROSE RESIDENCE WAS HUNG IN SILENCE AND SOLACE THAT EVENING. Eric was sleeping in his study again that evening. (Name) took this as an opportunity, to see if Eros and his mysteriously perfect pocket universe were indeed real. And not a dream, like she'd suspected. Besides, it felt too good to be real.

She crouched by the door, adorning a pair of (favourite colour) pyjamas with the powder blue baby blanket draped over her shoulders, like a cloak. She took a couple of blocks of yellow cheese from her pockets and gingerly placed them by the open crook of the slightly ajar bedroom door.

She smirked to herself. Hoping that she wasn't crazy. (Name) stood upright and walked over to her bed and tucked herself under the covers. Her breathing eventually slowed and her eyelids fluttered shut, entering the void of sleep. The doll, which sat upright against the off-white walls, stared at (Name)'s sleeping form, wearing an almost imperceptible smile on its face.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

SEVERAL HOURS LATER, THE CLOCK STRUCK MIDNIGHT. (Name) sat upwards in her bed, as if almost on command, to discover a couple of the kangaroo-like white mice stealing the cheese. Leela was fast asleep in her dog bed, curled up in a small, furry ball. She smiled at the dog, before scampering out of bed, chasing the mice down the stairs.

She chased the mice into the same place as last time. The living room. The little door that led to Eros' utopia was propped open as the last mouse scampered through the portal, disappearing. She crouched down by the door, opening the door. The bricks weren't there and her vision was enveloped by the euphoric sight of the familiar, vibrant violet and cerulean portal.

This time was different. She didn't hesitate to crawl forwards into the portal. She wore a smile as she continued forward into the belly of the beast. She was so wrapped up at the moment, focused on returning to the utopia that was Eros' pocket universe, that she didn't even hear the door closing behind her...

(Name) wandered into the kitchen to find Eros humming the same, pleasant tune as he prepared a mouth-watering breakfast. He turned around, a keen and loving smile gracing his lips. He looked handsome that night, his black curls were almost shining. He wore another crisp white dress shirt, a canary yellow sweater vest, black formal trousers, a black belt, a watch on his left wrist, a black bow tie and a pair of formal dress shoes.

"Welcome back, my love~" her husband's button-eyed, carbon copy cooed lovingly. (Name) joined him by the stove as Eros grated some cheese into the scrambled eggs that he was currently cooking in a pan.

"Hi..." she said. She felt a lot more comfortable around him than the last time she had been, for sure. Eros noticed it too, making him smile.

"So thoughtful for you to send this nice cheddar, my darling~" Eros' silky-smooth and honey-sweet voice crooned lovingly, as he finished grating the final piece of cheese into the scrambled eggs.