009: covenant

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER NINE OF TWENTY

❝ COVENANT ❞

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, (NAME) FELT A LOT MORE DISAPPOINTED TO REAWAKEN IN HER OWN REALITY. It was irritating. The little, button-eyed doll, instead of being propped against the wall, was now cuddled up against her chest. (Name)'s eyebrows furrowed at the sight, placing the doll on the bedside table. Leela pounced on the bed, sniffing her owner. (Name) affectionately stroked Leela, who softly barked, looking over at the door.

(Name) gingerly placed Leela's small body onto the mahogany-coloured floor, and wrapped the blue blanket around her shoulders. The two exited the bedroom and headed downstairs. She noticed the cheese pieces had vanished from their spots by the door, making her smirk.

Racing down the stairs, (Name) quickly darted into the living room. The little door was closed. Just the way it'd been when she'd first gone to check if the pocket universe behind the door was real two nights before. (Name)'s fingers attempted to open the door, only for it to remain shut. It was locked. She frowned. "What the f-".

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"...AND THERE WERE GARDEN SQUASH LIKE BALLOON ANIMALS AND SNAP DRAGONS!" (Name) exclaimed excitedly, hours later, describing the second "dream" she'd had the previous night. Eric was too caught up in his own world of gathering off a manilla wallet of the printed-out pages for his sci-fi novel.

He resorted to his usual rationed response, with a clipped tone of voice. An "mhm" escaped Eric's lips. (Name) sighed. "Oh, and upstairs," (Name) continued, "I saw a circus. Not pretend like Mr B's one upstairs. It was magical, Ricky,".

Eric let out a sharp sigh, going over his papers one final time. It was 9:18 am. On the dot. His hand briefly brushed against her own. Eric sighed bitterly. "I want to talk," Eric spoke. His voice was neutral. Void of any tone. (Name) visibly stiffened in her seat, "I found the divorce papers,".

(Name) closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Look," (Name) spoke. There was a sudden anger in her tone as she opened her eyes, glaring at Eric. "I can't do this anymore. We're not good together anymore, Eric. You know that as well as I do. Our marriage is fucked. There's no point in carrying on anymore! I've been so fucking stupid by staying with you because I convinced myself that a tiny part of you still loved me. But no! I've had enough! What you do to me is beyond wrong. You fucking betrayed me by willingly having an affair with my best friend behind my back after our son died!".

Eric sat in the driver's seat, not making eye contact with her. "Do you possibly have any idea how that fucked me up?!" (Name) snapped, eyes brimming with tears, "Do you know how much pain I was in finding out that the life growing inside of you died and having to carry that in your stomach? Do you know how much pain I was in knowing that I had to give birth to our son? DEAD?! You couldn't even begin to imagine how much you and fucking bitch screwed me over, you pathetic cunt. You can't even say his name! Say it, Eric. Say. His. Fucking. Name".