015: out of the frying pan...

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER FIFTEEN OF TWENTY

❝ OUT OF THE FRYING PAN... ❞

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

(NAME) AGGRESSIVELY STRUGGLED AGAINST THE PAIR OF HANDS THAT'D PULLED HER OUT OF THE ROOM. She begged it wasn't Eros. Her eyes were wild, attempting to tear free from the strong-gripped hands that pressed her against the figure of an unknown person. She thrashed her attacker into the wall, then the other than onto the floor.

He was masked with one of Eros' oven mittens. She ripped it off her face, revealing the mystery person she'd only heard about from the cat. It was the Other Wybie. His eyes were black buttons like everyone else's were in the hell that was Eros' World. His mouth was stitched into a painful, ear-to-ear smile.

Quickly, the Other Wybie hid his face from her view. "Wybie?!" she whisper-yelled, helping him sit against the wall, discarding the mask, she panted heavily, "What's that monster done to you? Oh, you poor thing,".

She was quick to unstitch Wybie's painful grin, discarding the pieces of black string onto the floor. She smiled at him, "I hope that feels better-" she began but was cut off by Wybie shushing her and pressing a finger to her lips. He looked her seriously in the eyes, dragging her by the hand into the living room.

Fortunately, the door was unlocked. The bug furniture was asleep. The duo ran over to the bug furniture. The Other Wybie was quick to push over the bug armoire, causing it to fall to the floor with a loud crash. Eros, upstairs in his dimly-lit sewing room, heard the crash from downstairs.

"(NAME)?!" he yelled from the topmost floor. (Name) and the Other Wybie froze, "IS THAT YOU?!".

"Let's go!" she whisper-yelled.

She yanked the door open, to reveal a more sinister version of the portal. Instead of the beautiful, vibrant indigo and violet coloured vortex, the portal was darkened and grey, covered with cobwebs and old, abandoned gifts. A hand-carved dagger. A jewelled necklace dating back to the 1500s. A crucifix necklace. A vintage book from the 1600s. A ruby necklace. A wilted bunch of daffodils. Shoes, hats, coats and dresses, browned with age, are littered in the portal too, from the other women who've attempted to escape.

"(NAME)!?" Eros shouted from upstairs, causing the portal to shake. His footsteps thudded against the stairs, "DARLING? WHERE ARE YOU? IF YOU COME OUT NOW, I'LL FORGIVE YOU! JUST COME TO YOUR HUSBAND!".

(Name) grabbed the Other Wybie's arm, attempting to take him into the portal with her. "Come on! He'll hurt you again!" she pleaded, desperation evident in her eyes.

"I can't..." the Other Wybie said, "Look what he's doing to me...". He took off his glove to reveal his hand was now reduced to sawdust. He blew gently and his sawdust hand blew away with the soft breeze, "Go now! I'll save you...I won't let him hurt you! Just escape while you still can, (Name),".

The Other Wybie looked sadly at her, cupping her cheek and using the pad of his gloved thumb to wipe the tear flowing from her eye. Eros' devilish arrival was inevitable. The Other Wybie kissed her forehead, pushing her into the dusty portal and closing the door behind her. (Name) scrambled through the portal, climbing upwards, guided by the light through the outline of the door to her real world.

She burst through the door, looking into the welcoming sight of her world. Covered in dust and cobwebs, she sighed in relief. "I'M HOME!" she yelled, closing the door behind her and locking it. She wandered through the corridors of the apartment looking for Eric, "ERIC?! REAL HUSBAND? REAL MAN I MARRIED?".