010: revelations

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

CHAPTER TEN OF TWENTY

❝ REVELATIONS  ❞

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

THE SKY IN THE OTHER WORLD WAS AN ONYX-COLOUR, SPLATTERED WITH GLOWING STARS AND A LARGE, FULL MOON, dancing in the sky like an ethereal being. It was always nighttime in the Other World. Eros smoothed down his black blazer, adjusting the collar of his crisp white dress shirt and matching white trousers. He clicked the heels of his black shoes together, button eyes gleaming under the light.

He heard a thump in the distance. He smiled. She was coming. His precious wife was returning to him. (Name) entered the yellow-tiled kitchen, dressed in a black, long-sleeved top with a turtle neck, with a thin-strapped, blue and white floral dress on, black tights and black slip-on shoes. She looked around, finding Eros to be absent. She frowned.

"Eros?" she called, voice echoing around the house, as she wandered from the kitchen to the hallway, hand rest on the mahogany bannister, looking upstairs to catch a glimpse of her button-eyed, other husband, "Eros? You up there?".

As if on cue, Eros walked downstairs, dressed in his usual formal attire. He smiled lovingly upon seeing her. "Welcome back, my angel," he smiled, voice still sugar-sweet and silk-smooth as usual, "I've made us lunch, it's on the dining room table if you're not already full, that is~".

He led her by the hand, which she willingly offered to him, and guided her to the dining room. It was small lunch, consisting of a few sandwiches and traditional picnic foods. She gingerly picked up a (favourite sandwich) sandwich and ate it. (Name) didn't eat too much, as she'd just eaten that rather-light, shop-bought salad with Charlotte.

After the majority of the food had been consumed, Eros exited the room and placed the extra food in the fridge. On the kitchen counter, laid two boxes, gift-wrapped. One smaller one, striped a vibrant green and pink, with a bow tied on it. He reached for it, before moving his hand away hesitantly. Not yet. He still had another wonder to gift her, not to mention giving her the one thing he wanted more than anything in the world.

He reached for the bigger, sleek matt black box and carried it back into the dining room. He saw how her eyes lit up at the gift, opening it to reveal a brilliantly made outfit. It was a black jumper with silver stars stitched onto it, some black jeans and lace-up blue boots. He let her leave to the bathroom to change into the outfit, submerging her further into the web of his perfect world.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

EROS HAD EXCUSED HIMSELF TO THE STUDY WHILST (NAME) EXITED THE PINK-PAINTED HOUSE, which looked more vibrant and alive than its real-world counterpart. She walked down the white-painted, wooden steps from the porch, boots crunching underneath the soil of this world. Tonight, Mrs Spink and Forcible had invited her and Eros to their subterranean apartment to watch them perform.

She wandered around the pitch-black, star-lighten world. The meowing of a cat almost made her jump of out of her skin, glancing up to the porch roof above her. (Name) raised her brow, studying the animal momentarily. The cat was identical to Wybie Lovat's "feral" cat, which Leela was fond of. The same matted, black fur, twisted tail and large, cerulean eyes.