Chapter 17

"Is this really necessary?"

She was holding on to dear life. This was just crazy. These people weren't heroes, they were villains in disguise! The wind blew her hair into her face making her spit it out shaking her head. She had two things going on in her mind.

Why the heck did I sign up for this?!

And the second one,

"Don't look down Keira. Don't look down. Don't look down. Dontlookdown-Dontlookdown-Dontlookdown! SHIT I'm so high I'm so high!" She screeched after her glance went down. This was her fault. She was the one who agreed to this stupid exercise.

"I changed my mind! Sir Nighteye!"

The jerk was holding an All might figurine she had created during practice her quirk and was scrutinizing it.

"Horrible. These proportions cannot even be compared to the real version."

"Dude, just stop being a creep and let me down!"

She wailed and panicked when her hand slipped from the sweat. She was on the edge of the roof of might towers while standing on a giant pole with a hose tied around her waist thing that did nothing to comfort her. This brilliant idea came after she had said that her least favorite thing was flying and too big heights.

"I call it the All might mode of transportation.." she had joked but the glint and the almost evil smile from Sir Nighteye was enough to tell her she was screwed.

"Are you scared?" He drawled.

"OH I DON'T KNOW, AM I— WAIT! DON'T LEAVE ME HEREEE!!" He stopped turning a bit.

She kept looking up and away from the ground! "Yes I'm scared okay?"

"Last time it was anger that did it. This time let's see fear." He drawled still turning the figurine around, "Are you glitching?"

"You—! No I am not!" She tightened her hold, a panicked expression on her face at the wind blowing. "Why the hell am I doing this?! This is nonsense I tell you nonsense!"

"Try glitching Shane." He yelled with the same tired/annoyed/condescending expression. That expression will haunt my nightmares at this rate! Her teeth gritted are the irritating jerk that was ordering her around.

"I'm not gonna glitch!" Her eyes shut tight as she hugged the pole "if I glitch my hand will pass through the pole and I'll fall to my death!"

"It's a two meter pole. You'll just break some bones at most. So dramatic." He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Stop wasting time. Glitch."

"No!"

It was silent for a moment. And then she felt the pole suddenly moving. Oh no. The sadistic jerk was shaking the pole while she was on it. She gasped feeling her weight going back and forth. The motion making her stomach churn when her body was leaning towards the ground. That piece of sh—

"Fine fine! I'll glitch! Stoppp!" She cried out in panic.

"Glitch already. Didn't I tell you don't waste heroes' time? There could be someone I could save but I can't because I'm stuck babysitting a chicken." He kept shaking it.

"I said I'm sorry! Stop shaking the damn pole! I'm gonna fall!"

"You actually didn't." He shook it faster, "And didn't anyone teach you to be polite with your elders?"

"We're probably the same age bastard!" she shouted, the shaking increased, "Fine fine I'm sorry!"

He slowed down a bit before looking up at her, "glitch."

She almost did gulping but just before she did, her eyes snapped open an idea coming to her head. She glanced at her back and wings started sprouting. Okay insurance available. At least they will cushion the fall if I can't fly with them! Keira focused on glitching her hand, holding the pole with the other. She closed her eyes focusing and this time she felt it.

"It's glitching!" Nighteye was writing down notes, "it's glitching Nighteye."

"Good. Now we know for sure that negative emotions like fear and anger activate it. Next we'll see neutral state and positive emotions." He clicked his pen closed before glancing at her with narrowed eyes, "Do an activity that makes you happy and then we'll meet. You have two days."

Her eyes widened, "wait! Whaddyamean— come back you jerk! Nooooooo—"

The door shut and the bastard had left her stranded. She purses her lips wishing he would get California-smashed to oblivion!

She glanced down before her gaze flew up. "It's-it's not that high anyways.. right? Right. You can do this. Just flap your wings and fly." Yes yes. I believe I can fly! I definitely won't fall and break all my bones. Definitely! Uh huh. Absolutely!

***
She hugged the ground almost crying from relief, "oh ground don't ever leave me again!" Her gaze snapped to the way Sir Nighteye had just left from. She glared at the doorway, "that jerk! Ugh I just want to punch that condescending look off of his face." Her hand clenched her eyes twitching before she sighed. She stood up on wobbly legs the wind blowing her hair a bit.

Come to think of it.. This was the place where she met the symbol of peace for the first time ever. Her gaze went to a spot where she could almost see herself in when she first landed.

"All might!! You.. are here! Haha ha!" she laughed nervously scrambling to stand up.

"You are one of the weirdest villains I met, you know that?" This time he started walking towards her squarely and she understood what was happening.

"Waitwaitwaitwait!" She ran as far away as possible, "This is a s-s-simple misunderstanding. I am not a v-v-v-v-villain!!"

"Sneaking into my towers, unauthorized use of quirk, and I never saw you in my life." He counted them on his hands before reaching out to her in which she panicked.

"I know it sounds bad but I'm really not a villain!!" She squeaked before his hand was gripping her arm.

She chuckled dryly, "haha that could've went really bad."

She heard the door opening and turned before the sight made her smile smugly.

"So you do care Nighteye!"

The door shut again making her blink. She shook her head. She had something more exciting now. She was waiting for the final confirmation.

Ding! 1 message from Banana Bangs

She checked the phone before a large grin came on her face. She typed something real quick before running towards the penthouse.

"TENKOOOOOO~" she laughed almost singing it before she found the boy who paused in a bewildered expression at the maniac smile she had. She skidded to a stop before spreading her arms dramatically with a winner grin.

"You're going to school!"