Chapter 23

She stood in front of it. UA High. A wind blew her now blonde hair as she tugged the cap more over her eyes. Even though she looked completely different, the amount of All might merch and the place made her feel like he was going to pop out from anywhere and see right through her.

She sighed, her eyes drifting down a bit. Her arms came around her in a hug before she walked away from the school. This was the first step.

USJ.. The day Shigar—she shook her head. The day Tenko infiltrated UA high and attacked All might.

Her legs kept walking, her hands tugging the ends of her hair frustrated, "Is he even going to be there?" she huffed.

How much had she changed the storyline? Is All might still a teacher now at UA? What happened to Tenko? She bit her lip, a hand sliding down her face. She looked around noticing shops beginning to pop up.

Must be a shopping district or something.. She looked around before seeing a coffeeshop and going inside. She brought a drink sat down and took out her journal.

Her eyes carefully skimmed the notes on her quirk before moving on to a blank page where she started writing all the questions in her mind.

1-    Did I change the storyline?

2-    What happened to Tenko?

3-    Did All might still get injured?

4-    Can I use my quirk to go home?

There they were in front of her. The four questions bouncing over and over and over in her mind. It would be easy to find the answer if she met Toshinori but.. She shook her head ruffling her hair. That option was out of the question for now.

A loud sigh went out before she stood up and went outside.

"Excuse me!" she paused looking back to find a middle-aged guy with a balding spot holding out a business card, "Would you like to model?? Your face would be great and your body also—"

She grimaced, "I'm good thanks." She turned to walk away but he ran beside her,

"But this is an opportunity! Why don't you try on—"

"Um.. I don't wa—"

"Just one photoshoot! Are you a foreigner?! Your hair—"

Her eye twitched before she snapped, "I said I don't want!"

He jumped back at her glare before his eyes went towards her hand, "What's wrong with y-your hand?" He took a couple of steps back as her eyes followed his and saw her hand glitching. Her face morphed in horror, her breath quickening. She flinched hiding it immediately inside her jacket before quickly turning and walking away.

She didn't stop walking until she was in an alley on the side and away from people. Her ragged breaths filled the air as she gripped her hand tightly. "Stopstopstopstop!"

Her eyes teared up before she shut them tight and focused on her breath. Focused on the cool air. Focused on the slight background of bustling people everywhere. Focused on anywhere but the glitching.

Slowly, the tingling that she didn't notice existed disappeared. Her eyes slowly opened finding her hand normal again. She slid down the wall of the building behind her before clutching her hands to her chest.

It's okay It's okay It's okay It's okay. Her eyes stayed shut tight as she kept repeating it over and over and over until maybe.. she could believe it.

***

Sorry and thank you for everything

Please forget me.

-Keira

"I'm very sorry Yagi-san. It was the wish of the patient that we do not contact you until your next visit." The doctor said with a regretful voice, "We had no idea that she would leave without informing anybody."

Yagi Toshinori swallowed thickly, his eyes wide taking in the empty bed in front of him. His hand holding the paper was shaking. The bed where she laid down all these years in a coma. He took a step forward almost seeing her laying there. The illusion shattered, however, when his hand brushed the edge and he could finally see the real version without her. A shaky exhale came out at the realization, his other hand scrunching the paper - her message.

Forget me?

His hand covered the lower half of his face, shaking as his other one gripped part of the bed.

She's awake.. She's finally..

"..gi-sa.. Ya..san.. Yagi-san?"

He snapped out of it clearing his throat before slowly turning to the doctor with resolved eyes, "Please tell me everything about her condition."

***

Dear Nishimura Kira,

Congratulations! We would like to inform you that you have been accepted into the UA general department. We hope to see yo-

Her eyes skimmed through the rest of the letter, a relieved sigh going out before she placed it on the table. She sat down on the chair and leaned back her head facing the ceiling. A cool breeze came in from the open window.

The first step was done. Now she had to wait for the next part. Never thought I'd be having a rerun of high school hah! And not just any high school.. UA high..

Her eyes closed as the start date in the letter kept bouncing in her head, reminding her that soon, she'd have to go school shopping again...

***

He kept staring at his hands. The sight of his hands without them was not strange but it still made a strange pinch in his heart occur.

"Would you like something to drink, Shigaraki Tomura?"

"No." his eyes drifted upwards towards the man resembling a black portal and the bartender, "tell me, Kurogiri, why am I here?"

The words drifted off in the dim atmosphere of the bar almost merging with the dark corners. Were they solemn? Sad? Regretful? The one who said them himself didn't know. He just knew that they were.. honest.

Kurogiri didn't answer but he didn't need to. He wasn't listening anymore. He looked again at his hands before standing up and walking towards a table on the side. He plucked it with two fingers before sliding his hands inside. They were stretched and tight on his hands but for him it didn't matter. For him, the gloves fit like the first time she helped him wear them.

His eyes softened before he remembered why he was here. His eyes hardened resolute and deadly. Yes he knew why he was here. It was all for her.

"Master" he looked at the monitor to the side that blinked open, "I'm ready."