Intermission

"This is... a really small cabin." Jason notes as he enters, rubbing his arm tentatively. There were three beds on the floor, three beds above those, and a door to a bathroom. Hardly any walking space was available, all six Screeching Squirrels members barely fitting as soon as they all entered.

"Cheap, too." Valerie notes, stepping on an oak plank which creaked under her pressure.

Trixie opened the door to the bathroom, and that was small too. A toilet, a sink, and a mirror. That was it.

"It'll be okay, guys," Myra pipes up, smiling to her teammates. "We aren't going to be in here often, anyways! Only for sleeping, really."

She opens the windows, gesturing to the area around them. Picnic tables, a campfire, the beach they were at earlier, the forest ... while the cabins were dingy, the rest of the island seemed to make up for it.

Ilani smiles, "you're right, I suppose. It's better to be positive. Shall we choose our beds now?"

"I need to be bottom bunk, I get up early and don't want to wake anyone up." Valerie explains, already claiming a bed and tossing her suitcase on top.

"I can sleep with you, then." Ilani offers.

Trixie starts to laugh, and Myra nudges them in the side. They shut up quickly.

Valerie appears shocked and looks away, starting to unzip her suitcase. "She didn't mean it like that."

Ilani finally catches on to what she said, and goes red. "Trixie!"

Trixie laughs, as Jason awkwardly stares from the back of the room.

"Please be mature... Jason, top or bottom?" Myra asks, turning towards him.

And, Trixie starts laughing again.

Jason goes red and says nothing, climbing to the top bunk and bringing his suitcase with him. Myra sighs and follows him, choosing the bed underneath his.

Shadow Blade Night Hawk and Trixie take the final two beds, after a five minute arguement over who had the top bunk. Night Hawk ended up victorious, but everyone knew that Trixie only forfeited so they could kick his mattress all night.

"What now? Did Topher and Sierra seriously expect us to spend two hours deciding who gets what bed?" Valerie complains, having already unpacked her suitcase. She didn't bring much, only changes of clothes, hygienic supplies, and a few too many boxes of protein bars.

"I don't know, they probably want us to get a welcome session going." Myra reasons.

"A welcome session? Why, Shadow Blade Night Hawk would never reveal his weaknesses at the first hour!" Night Hawk declares, his loud and deep voice practically shaking the cabin.

"Can Shadow Blade Tiny Dick reveal who asked? Because, nobody cares! This isn't a DND campaign, go roleplay somewhere else." Valerie snaps, glaring over at him.

"Valerie, that is in no way to behave!" Myra scolds, shouting over the cabins laughter.

"Who cares, let's just go outside and talk to the other team." Leading the way out, Ilani opens the cabin door and exits the building. Valerie walks at her side.

"Come on, Jason." Myra says to the boy standing out of place in the corner, taking his hand gently and guiding him away. Trixie eagerly follows, yet Shadow Blade Night Hawk stays inside.

"They'll all see..." he starts to snicker as soon as the door shuts. "They'll all see! Shadow Blade Night Hawk... is not one to fool with!"

His laughing raises volume, his cape starting to lift with the breeze of the fan.