The Cruise! | Intermission

"...Is this the same boat we arrived in?" Elle asks aloud as she follows the rest of the Minnows onto the boat.

"If you've been on one boat you've been on them all," Adrian shrugs with nonchalance. "Oh, wait, I think that's my hat!"

Vivian moves to the side as Adrian darts past her to retrieve his cap, "If you've hit one iceberg you've hit them all."

"Whoa, that is way too soon!" Adrian returns with an oversized baseball cap on his head. "We're on camera here! Isn't that right, camera guy?"

"The Titanic sunk in 1912," Glenn deadpans. "It's been more than a century. It's not like any survivors  could watch this show, anyway."

"Nuh uh. It's been, like," Adrian pauses to run through the numbers in his head, "It's been over 20 years!"

"Over 20 years can technically still count as a century..." Elle mumbles.

Joel sighs, "You're thinking about the movie. That came out in 1997. The Titanic sunk in.."

"1912," Glenn interjects.

"1912. So, right now is the perfect time to make fun of a bunch of people dying in frigid waters," Joel points out, crossing his arms. Then, he catches himself, and his expression softens, "Of course, only if they give consent or something..."

The boat jolts forward, and so do the passengers. Elle stabilizes herself and turns to look for the captain, but all she sees is Kelsey sitting next to the engine. The blonde girl lifts her hand up to wave.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm starting the boat."

"Yeah, I see that." Elle sighs and turns around to face the rest of the Murderous Minnows. "Can someone sedate her?"

Glenn's eyes widen. "I am NOT going to seduce her."

"I said sedate!"

"Same thing," Adrian scoffs, dismissively batting his hand.

Vivian sends a concerned glance towards Adrian, before shaking her head and deciding that addressing his issues was not worth the effort. "Well, I don't see the problem. If we did all of that to win a cruise, it better be a good one."

"The problem is we don't have anyone who knows how to work this thing, we just have this camera guy." Elle explains, sighing. "Can we turn back?"

"What, are you scared we're going to sink?" Joel teases her.

"Yeah."

"Oh. My bad."

"Too bad. I doubt this can turn very well, especially with Kelsey as captain, so let's just circle around and come back." Vivian suggests, walking towards the edge of the boat and looking out onto the water. "It shouldn't take that long, maybe an hour if we go fast."

Glenn, who's made his way over to a bench to sit down, looks up from the floor. "Do not go any faster."

"What, are you going to puke?" Joel teases.

"Yes."

Joel's face drops, "Why does that always happen..."

"Go faster!" Vivian calls to Kelsey, and a few seconds later, the boat's speed has visibly quickened. Kelsey skips out from the Captains room and instead stands at the steering wheel.

"This is so cool! I feel like a pirate!" Kelsey exclaims, swaying back and forth on her feet. Joel walks up besides her and twists the wheel, moving the boat further away from the shore.

Elle watches them both, her gray eyes flickering about. She settles on the bench next to Glenn, fiddling with her hands. "Can you make her turn back?"

"Turn back into what?" Glenn tilts his head.